Reserved pit area for nloc at super bowl event

nloc guy and gals.. if you can make it there... its worth it.. rt 66 is a awsome track.. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm probably going to be there. We'll probably pull the enclosed trailer and bring the L clone instead of pulling the 36 footer and bringing both trucks.

I'm a little concerned about the window tint rule too though.

On what...

BODY: Window tint is prohibited forward of the “B” pillar for vehicles running quicker than 10.99.

I don't want to take my tint off just for a race. Heck, mines only 50%, so its mild.

Btw, thats for the Truck/Lightning class

The tint issue is for safety the starter needs to be able to see to make sure you are wearing your safety equipment before he let's you proceed down the track. If the tint is clear enough were the safety personel can see you then the tint will be ok. It's ultimately the tech director decision to let you race or not. I f you have the 5% limo(very dark) tint stay home or take it off it will not fly in any class at any speed. Use your best judgement safety is always first at the track and looks and speed come last. Look forward to seeing everyone at a NMRA event near you.:eek:ldtu:

Sorry guys I will not be racing. Im not going to take the tint off. I guess it will be to hard to see that I have my seat belt and helmet on threw a widshield the size or a piece of plywood.:mad:

BODY: Window tint is prohibited forward of the “B” pillar for vehicles running quicker than 10.99.

I don't want to take my tint off just for a race. Heck, mines only 50%, so its mild.

Btw, thats for the Truck/Lightning class
I wounder why that only for the Truck and lightning class?

The intent of the rule is for what I stated but it looks like you have made your point load up the truck and I'll see you in July. :eek:ldtu:

Jeff,

Could you not just roll down the drivers window so that you can see the safety Equipment. The once you are ready to do the burn out just roll it back up.

Jeff,

Could you not just roll down the drivers window so that you can see the safety Equipment. The once you are ready to do the burn out just roll it back up.
Thats what I did 2 years ago and they had no problem. Like Jeff said it all depends on the tech inspector (I was hoping jeff had some pull and would be able to talk to someone about the tint rules). 2 years ago when i came in 3rd I had a heck of a time with the tech guy not wanting me to race. the starter and tree guys at 66 are cool about tint god knows Ive raced there enough seeing its 1 of our home strips. I guess we'll just have to see what happens when I roll up to tech

hey, guys don't sweat the small stuff! Just c'mon and get R done! All will be OK!.lets make this our big Get together!.i might be able to get them to waive the nmra membership fee too!..So we can pack out the truck/Lightning Class!..Lets get R done!...:eek:ldtu:JL

hey, guys don't sweat the small stuff! Just c'mon and get R done! All will be OK!.lets make this our big Get together!.i might be able to get them to waive the nmra membership fee too!..So we can pack out the truck/Lightning Class!..Lets get R done!...:eek:ldtu:JL

John, that would be awesome! And since there's no WFC or Lfest, THIS IS IT!
See you there!

As people are posting they plan on attending I'm editing the list on the first post. I'm also working the phone calling racers so if you see a name your not familiar with it's from me. For the guys that have been in the Lightning Scene for several years you should be able to recognize the names.

I will be there already have the week for vacation. Just not sure if I will have something to race.

Might have to bring some Cajun food again!!!!!!!!! :D

Back