WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

I haven't had as much functional feedback as I would have expected by now. Has anybody done any performance runs or datalogging yet?

Mastertvtech said:
I haven't had as much functional feedback as I would have expected by now. Has anybody done any performance runs or datalogging yet?

there still lots of snow outside, but what I could test on the garage was ok, the shift light comes on exactly at the set RPM, when the snow goes away I'll be doing some more testing.

Got mine this evening and got it installed an hour or so before sunset, I took a few pics and videos but I have yet to datalog, specifically the performance since there were a few too many cops around tonight ;).
I'll still trying to get the hp setting at least 1/2 way correct. My last dyno I put down a bit over 400rwhp so assuming a stock truck does 355 I divided my 401 by 355 and came up with 1.129 so I set the HP at 113. I know that will be low because of the other "goodies" i put on her since that dyno visit :stirpot: (at first I had it at 400 and was wondering why it was saying I was making 3 mpg while cruising a 2k rpm.:hh: )
gauge1.jpg
gauge2.jpg

Quick vid of some functions, installalled in the A pillar
Video quality stinks but its from a cellphone.

Great gauge Lew, now If you would be so kind, put me on the list your going to be making for that boost adaptor lol. :goodmod:

Last edited:
SuperSonicBlue said:
Got mine this evening and got it installed an hour or so before sunset, I took a few pics and videos but I have yet to datalog, specifically the performance since there were a few too many cops around tonight ;).
I'll still trying to get the hp setting at least 1/2 way correct. My last dyno I put down a bit over 400rwhp so assuming a stock truck does 355 I divided my 401 by 355 and came up with 1.129 so I set the HP at 113. I know that will be low because of the other "goodies" i put on her since that dyno visit :stirpot: (at first I had it at 400 and was wondering why it was saying I was making 3 mpg while cruising a 2k rpm.:hh: )
gauge1.jpg
gauge2.jpg

Quick vid of some functions, installalled in the A pillar
Video quality stinks but its from a cellphone.

Great gauge Lew, now If you would be so kind, put me on the list your going to be making for that boost adaptor lol. :goodmod:

I really need to install the sensor and test it before I would feel comfortable selling it. This should happen within a week or 2 along with the beta setup for the dual gauges. It works perfect in the Cobra and should work great in the L. There will be a 2 bar and a 3 bar sensor, depending on how much boost you have. I think the 2 bar goes up to 14psi and the 3 bar to 24psi.

Mastertvtech said:
I really need to install the sensor and test it before I would feel comfortable selling it. This should happen within a week or 2 along with the beta setup for the dual gauges. It works perfect in the Cobra and should work great in the L. There will be a 2 bar and a 3 bar sensor, depending on how much boost you have. I think the 2 bar goes up to 14psi and the 3 bar to 24psi.

Lew I was looking on the Aerforcetech website and saw that there was an optional fuel pressure hookup on the GM vehicles. Do you see this coming our way anytime soon???

noahdr said:
Lew I was looking on the Aerforcetech website and saw that there was an optional fuel pressure hookup on the GM vehicles. Do you see this coming our way anytime soon???

No, I am pretty sure that you will have to have an existing wideband setup that you could take the 0-5 volt analog output and read it on the Interceptor.

Boost and oil pressure will be available as kits after I see them in operation.

Also, Noah, that check was appreciated but not necessary.

Lew

Mastertvtech said:
No, I am pretty sure that you will have to have an existing wideband setup that you could take the 0-5 volt analog output and read it on the Interceptor.
A wideband?? I'm mean fuel pressure...
I didn't know if there was gonna be a future kit for the fuel pressure or not...I already know we're gonna have to hookup for the A/F ratio.
I'm already looking for a good deal on a wideband hookup (analog) for one the channels.

Mastertvtech said:
Also, Noah, that check was appreciated but not necessary.
Lew
Ahh its the least I could do after you helped me out. Just consider it a tip for the great customer service.

any rough idea what the boost sensor would cost? just a rough ballpark idea :?

cant wait to get mine in! hopefully will be arriving any day now :db:

now...any suggestions for another gauge pod?

i've got a triple pillar filled, a single column pod filled, and a triple overhead pod filled :tipsy:

harley#356 said:
any rough idea what the boost sensor would cost? just a rough ballpark idea :?

cant wait to get mine in! hopefully will be arriving any day now :db:

now...any suggestions for another gauge pod?

i've got a triple pillar filled, a single column pod filled, and a triple overhead pod filled :tipsy:

Tough call on the pod, sounds like you are almost maxed out!

The boost sensors will be somewhere in the 65-80 range depending on how many bars you need.

Lew

haha yeah its like a fighter jet cockpit! i'm thinking of putting it in the radio surround piece, below the left side vent, where the 4x4 knob would normally be. with the black bezel and black face it should blend in well there :?
i want to keep it somewhere close so its easy to read and push the buttons without having to reach

noahdr said:
A wideband?? I'm mean fuel pressure...
I didn't know if there was gonna be a future kit for the fuel pressure or not...I already know we're gonna have to hookup for the A/F ratio.
I'm already looking for a good deal on a wideband hookup (analog) for one the channels.

Ahh its the least I could do after you helped me out. Just consider it a tip for the great customer service.

Sorry, I misread your post. If there is a fuel pressure sensor that outputs analog 0-5 volts then that would work. I will look inti it though.

Lew

Mastertvtech said:
No complaints here, I really appreciate it when setups are beta tested and proved to be working before going live. So many companies just throw a product out without even testing it once. Take the time you need, When they are ready I'll be one of the first in line to get one, just like the gauge lol.
Keep up the good work Lew, and you'll have every lightning owner with the mod bug and a credit card calling to get some of your cool "toys". :D

Last edited:
Tester needed

I would like to have someone document the boost sensor install. I would like a step by step with pics. If anyone is interested, please pm me. It would have to happen kind of quick as everybody is waiting for these and I just don't have the time now to do it right. If you already have a boost gauge then the T already exists. I will provide whichever type applies to the amount of boost you have. I know you will have to find a power source and signal ground (preferred over chassis ground). I should have some units by late next week. I will be on vacation from the 16th to the 23rd and would like to have the install wrapped up by the time I get back. The dual setups should be ready by then also.

Lew

LEW will there be a white faced one avalible later would look beter with my guages white faced with green would be way cool

I will have a couple of silver faced gauges next week. I think the silver will match the stock gauges better than white. White could be done, but at the moment it would cost an additional $12. SIlver will be a stock color with green. If you want to swap it out no problem. I will get a picture when I receive them.

ilaybrk said:
LEW will there be a white faced one avalible later would look beter with my guages white faced with green would be way cool

Mastertvtech said:
Sorry, I misread your post. If there is a fuel pressure sensor that outputs analog 0-5 volts then that would work. I will look inti it though.

Lew

Yea that'd be great!! If we can get a fuel pressure kit count me in for a second gauge :)

Back