Wild Wednesday

shaunditty

Shaunditty
I will be taking my truck out on its first outing of the year. Got her all ready to roll. Have the 75 shot in it now.

So my first time out I ran 14.3 on 75 shot. Gonna try 100 shot (maybe 125) next time out. The Powerdyne will be on after I finish my chevy project which I hope to have wrapped up soon.
60ft. 2.1
330ft. 6.0
1/8. 9.2
1000 12.01
ET. 14.38 @ 94.9mph

What timing are you running? For the 125 shot I found out how much max timing my truck would tolerate first. On 93 I could run 16* of timing w/o detonation. Given that I was able to run the stock 10* of timing on the 125 shot, rather than pulling the 4* that the No2 kit recommended.

What timing are you running? For the 125 shot I found out how much max timing my truck would tolerate first. On 93 I could run 16* of timing w/o detonation. Given that I was able to run the stock 10* of timing on the 125 shot, rather than pulling the 4* that the No2 kit recommended.
Good to know. I'm at 10 deg now w/ 75 shot. I too could run 14-16 deg w/o detonation but always run 93 octane too. I will try 100 shot @ 10deg and see. Or knock back to 8 deg and try the 125.

Good plan. Most people that have issues get greedy. Work slow with N20 and it's a great power adder.

I ran 6 degrees on 125 shot. I can only run 9 though n/a without it pinging when the converter locks up wot. Why the slow 60ft? Are you on street tires?

Why the slow 60ft? Are you on street tires?
Yes on street tires I didn't start spraying till I was out of the hole either. However I plan to be a little more aggressive next time. I have my nitrous on a hand held button in series w/ wot switch. I was bringing my Rpms to about 1600-1700 at launch and could probably push that higher. 1st time in a while just getting the feel again. If I could click off a 13.99 I would be happy.

No need to stall it up with our trucks. Almost everyone does best just off idle or slightly higher.

Funny you say that I have my eyes open for a set of 10 hole rims like yours to put a set of drag radials on. They are hard to find decent ones that are not corroded. But I'm looking.

If you find a set that's corroded as long as they're structurally sound glass bead them and paint them Argent silver and clear coat them!?! And you can use that to your advantage to get them cheaper.

The factory wheels are clear coated and the finish is better then the lighting wheels. So they can be sanded smooth and polished. I started doing one but ended up finding a better one to replace it.

The factory wheels are clear coated and the finish is better then the lighting wheels. So they can be sanded smooth and polished. I started doing one but ended up finding a better one to replace it.

Yeah youre right thinking back the finish on them is pretty heavy.

Gonna try and make it out again this Wed. Will have the 100 shot in it. Also I ran with my spare tire which I will leave at home this time so we will see.

Got sticky tires yet? May be better leaving some weight near the rear if not.
I got traction bars thanks to your posts on Lightning Rodder, I lowered my tire pressure and heated up the tires good let it rollout till she chirps good and was ready to go. Didn't spin at all however wasn't to aggressive either, not spraying it till after I launch. I have been searching for some 10 hole rims. Trying to decide if I want the ones with or without the rivets?

My dads buddy owns a JY and is looking for a set of 10 holes. In the mean time I got a freind of a family member w/ 4.6L stang calling me out. He has a 2000 Stang automatic with a cam and A few other odds and ends. He's been on the dyno pushing over 300 at the wheels supposedly. I think it's time for me to load in the 125hp jets and see what happens? I ran a 14.3 last outing on the 75 and was easy on it outta the hole. I'm hoping for that 13.99 or close.

Back