Welp....trying to start the truck up for the first time.

BONESTOCK

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Hey all,

I got through all the instructions up until "Initial startup and tuning"

Truck won't start up.

Question: There's a section earlier in the instructions detailing installing an AIT/IAT sensor install. This doesn't pertain to us, right? We have an IAT sensor from factory.

Everything in the instructions seemed pretty clear.

I cal'd the TPS.

I updated the AFR table. I selected "custom linear WB" and added in two point referencing the table in the AEM gauge instructions. (Seemed clear enough to me.)

I did the non sequential / batch fire TFI ignition settings.

I checked sensors and moved the timing to 10 BTDC. (Was at like 14)

Loaded the tune from the USB. (V8-Mid-Batch-TFI-NA-SC)

The TFI module in my truck is black so I did the changes they suggested in the instructions.

Looking at the injector stuff. It says to double injector size for batch fed V8's. I have the orange injectors(19lb) so I put in 38. That's correct, right?

Any ideas as to why no start? Anything I should look for? :headscratch:

I wonder if you did the same thing as me and installed the ignition jumper on the wrong spot. Fought my truck a solid 2 weeks before one of the admins at stinger figured it out and I fixed it

I wonder if you did the same thing as me and installed the ignition jumper on the wrong spot. Fought my truck a solid 2 weeks before one of the admins at stinger figured it out and I fixed it

The spots in red are where I put the jumpers.

ecfsT9P.jpg

Update:
So only thing I did this morning was redo the tune parameters per the instructions and unplugged the factory MAP sensor. Still had it plugged in.

Truck turned on! So it was either of those two things!

Anyway, HUGE thanks to Jeff for coming over and helping get the tune started! Thank you very much and great to meet you! I owe you now! haha!

Love your truck too! Such a sleeper!

Update:
So only thing I did this morning was redo the tune parameters per the instructions and unplugged the factory MAP sensor. Still had it plugged in.

Truck turned on! So it was either of those two things!

Anyway, HUGE thanks to Jeff for coming over and helping get the tune started! Thank you very much and great to meet you! I owe you now! haha!

Love your truck too! Such a sleeper!

I thought the Pimp used the MAP sensor as a BAP sensor along with its internal MAP sensor... my factory MAP is still plugged in, but the vacuum hose is disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the Pimp used the MAP sensor as a BAP sensor along with its internal MAP sensor... my factory MAP is still plugged in, but the vacuum hose is disconnected.

The instructions I have say to unplug it.

Stock map and its wonky and weird output isn't used at all. The pimp gets baro from the key on reading from its internal map.

Glad to be of service!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Stock map and its wonky and weird output isn't used at all.

Yeah stupid frequency based MAP sensor, do you guys know how much more we would have been able to tune a 0-5v MAP sensor? It would have eased our pain somewhat back in the day.

Guess I need to go back and reread... again! I even highlighted stuff that specifically pertained to my application and don’t remember seeing anything about unplugging the MAP sensor.

Guess I need to go back and reread... again! I even highlighted stuff that specifically pertained to my application and don’t remember seeing anything about unplugging the MAP sensor.

I've found through reading and re-reading MS instructions I almost always pick up something new. It is a LOT to take in all at once!

My instructions may be an updated version of yours but it's the last line in the ECU Installation section on my copy.

- - - Updated - - -

I've found through reading and re-reading MS instructions I almost always pick up something new. It is a LOT to take in all at once!

Yeah for sure. Especially after starting the work and playing around...it starts to make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Those pesky instructions!

haha!

My instructions may be an updated version of yours but it's the last line in the ECU Installation section on my copy.

Yeah "step 8" of the instructions... guess I must have skipped over the last line as I thought it all had to do with MAF systems. I haven't noticed anything odd with it still plugged in so I'm guessing it's not actually used on the Pimp, but I'll remove it anyway.

Yeah "step 8" of the instructions... guess I must have skipped over the last line as I thought it all had to do with MAF systems. I haven't noticed anything odd with it still plugged in so I'm guessing it's not actually used on the Pimp, but I'll remove it anyway.

Cool. Yeah...maybe that wasn't the issue with my start up not occurring then. Might have been my initial settings and not knowing what the heck I'm doing! haha!

If you want to educate yourself this is the guy to learn from. Best Megasquirt specific training I have found. I also recommend watching the EFI basics and EFI Advanced courses. They were real eye openers for me and connected a lot of dots.

https://youtu.be/k3iB_FXZZ9o

I downloaded a free screen recorder and recorded the lessons as I watched so I can reference them later.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back