Upgrades for #772

I was wondering that too. I think the stock rails are 5/16. I like the idea of using the stock rails if able but wasn’t sure.

A couple of questions:
1. How are you tying your AN lines into the fuel hat?

2. What kind of HP are you seeing?

3. I can’t see your signature on Tapatalk. What is your combo again? If I remember correctly, you are running a turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. I run a surge tank so you'll need to ask these other guys about the fuel hat thing,

2. I'm not 100% sure on HP. logs, fuel consumption. comp vehicles id guess 700ish at the motor but I really don't know for sure.

3. my combo is trickflow heads, cam, ported gt40 intake. FIC1000cc injectors. s476 turbo. (76mm)

1. I run a surge tank so you'll need to ask these other guys about the fuel hat thing,

2. I'm not 100% sure on HP. logs, fuel consumption. comp vehicles id guess 700ish at the motor but I really don't know for sure.

3. my combo is trickflow heads, cam, ported gt40 intake. FIC1000cc injectors. s476 turbo. (76mm)

Gottya, do you have pics and links of the surge tank? I’ve been wondering about that since Jeff and I think you were talking about it before. I like the thought of it and a sumped tank and would consider both in my new set up.

No question I'd do a surge tank setup if I was starting over. I may convert to one eventually anyway. If I need fuel beyond a booster pump on the white truck, it will be a surge tank.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

No question I'd do a surge tank setup if I was starting over. I may convert to one eventually anyway. If I need fuel beyond a booster pump on the white truck, it will be a surge tank.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I like it! Just need to know where to mount it and where to get it so I can start looking into it

I like it! Just need to know where to mount it and where to get it so I can start looking into it

I built mine and its mounted to the frame right in front of the front tank. Surge tanks have become very popular in recent times so there are many available now that would probably fit the bill.

t1bbVJnl.jpg

VUobcPHl.jpg

6norCw3l.jpg

I remember seeing it now in a turbo post you made a while back. Can you tell me more about running the fuel lines from the tank to the surge tank and to the engine and return. Any need for bypassed, check valves, etc?

its actually more simple than it sounds. the surge tank is setup like a little fuel tank that the stock tank keeps full.

Stock tank/pump feeds and returns from the top of the surge tank with no restriction. its a no pressure flow. I tapped into the quick connects right by the factory fuel filter. the pump keeps filling it up and the return is actually more like an "overflow" back into the stock tank which keeps the stock basket/canister from running dry. I run an internal 450LPH pump from the canister (but an external pump is very common) to the fuel rail and the return from the regulator/rail goes back into the top of the surge tank.

If you go surge tank you may not want to run the 340 as a "lift" pump. with no pressure flow its going to be flowing ALOT and just cycling fuel. I don't think it would hurt anything just an excessive amount of fuel movement.

its actually more simple than it sounds. the surge tank is setup like a little fuel tank that the stock tank keeps full.

Stock tank/pump feeds and returns from the top of the surge tank with no restriction. its a no pressure flow. I tapped into the quick connects right by the factory fuel filter. the pump keeps filling it up and the return is actually more like an "overflow" back into the stock tank which keeps the stock basket/canister from running dry. I run an internal 450LPH pump from the canister (but an external pump is very common) to the fuel rail and the return from the regulator/rail goes back into the top of the surge tank.

If you go surge tank you may not want to run the 340 as a "lift" pump. with no pressure flow its going to be flowing ALOT and just cycling fuel. I don't think it would hurt anything just an excessive amount of fuel movement.

Ok sounds good. Thanks for all the info!

I just bought an Aeromotive pump speed controller to see if I can slow the primary pump down enough to keep it from cavitating when I come to a stop with less than a quarter tank. If that doesn't work, it'll be surge tank time.

I didn't have the problem when I ran dual 220 lph, but with the 350 lph, it's annoying.

I just bought an Aeromotive pump speed controller to see if I can slow the primary pump down enough to keep it from cavitating when I come to a stop with less than a quarter tank. If that doesn't work, it'll be surge tank time.

I didn't have the problem when I ran dual 220 lph, but with the 350 lph, it's annoying.

This one? https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/billet-fuel-pump-speed-controller/

This is one of the main reasons (cooling fans being the other) why I bought a PDM.

Yea that’s definitely annoying. That and hard acceleration under a half tank was the reason I had to change to the new basket assy. I’m researching surge tanks and what fuel pump to run now. Will probably end up with going back to stock in the tank and 450 in the surge tank.

Looks like FuelLab has a pretty nice setup and you can PWM it from a Megasquirt.

Looks like FuelLab has a pretty nice setup and you can PWM it from a Megasquirt.

they make them from mild to wild. that particular one doesn't have much of a pump inside but they offer them up incrementally up to 1500hp capable which is nice.

Since I have a sump, accelerating isn't a problem, but a hard stop under a quarter tank and it'll cavitate and stall.

Ray, yes, that's the one I got. My intention is to run my primary pump at about 8 or 9 volts and trigger it to full speed when the aux pump kicks in, which is 98kpa currently.

I'd just get a simple tank that I could move my existing pumps into and put a little external pump feeding the surge tank. It wouldn't take much since there's no pressure on the feed loop.

I gottya Jeff.

What is the smallest fuel filter you guys are running? I’m seeing that 30 micron is suitable for EFI but also reading that 10 micron is recommended.

Hello , that's a beautiful truck you have there. Question what trick flow upper and throttle body are you running? Also is that attached to the stock lower?

Thank you sir! It’s a TFS R upper and lower with a 90mm Accufab throttle body. The stock lower and the TFS have runners that are way different so would not work.

This is the TFS R lower runners. The GT40 has round runners.

cb53433f08f01924844603d0656561c4.jpg

Back