turbo spark plug?

slowf150

I just finished installing a 76mm turbo on my 408 and I'm have a little misfire problem. The engine is a 408, afr205 heads, 10-10.5 compression, 5 psi boost, on e85 and tuned with the XFI. I'm running BR7 spark plugs gaped at .025. What spark plugs at what gap do you guys use?

At 5 lbs .025 gap should work okay. Try gapping them down to .020-.022 and see if it helps. I don't see why you should have blow out at that boost. Sure wires are okay? What ign. box?

Will do Ed. The misfire is happening the second it seems to get into boost. I have a brand new msd 6al (i think) ignition box and wires are almost new.

Just thought I would update the misfire problem I had. I had installed a new fuel system and I thought I had flushed it out really well but apparently not. I took my injectors out and seen a bunch of junk in them so I sent them in to get cleaned. I reinstalled them and haven't had any misfire sense then.

Really good! I think it is running the same mph on 5 psi as it did with a 200 shot of nitrous which was 118 mph. I raced a camaro that thought his was running 116 in a 1/4 mile and I had about 3 cars on him buy the 1/4 mile and I could only start pulling on him in 2nd gear do to traction.

Back