Team Lightning is a Go!!! Bull Run I hope your ready!!!!

FlaHP

Last week while watching Bull Run the wife said you should do that.

Today at dinner the navigator accepted the job.

Oh yea it the one and only Typhoon43 :bananahump

So now what do we drive???

How about a super low mile drag truck?? That would be smart huh??

Well here she is :rockon_ford

truck.jpg

One problem is in needs to be able to turn :scared003

Well construction started today.

Team Lightning needs your support!!!! Register on Bullrun.com and chime in!!

http://www.bullrun.com/node/4610

NewWhiteL%20%287%29.JPG

NewWhiteL%20%2810%29.JPG

NewWhiteL%20%2812%29.JPG

NewWhiteL%20%2811%29.JPG

Here is the link. Not sure what its going to take to pull this off and I know its a long shot but how cool would this be???

Lightning has Struck | Bullrun: Rallying the World

Day 1

Drag Race interior

http://www.nationalhorsepower.com/forum/uploads/1268617647/gallery_4_149_202361.jpghttp://www.nationalhorsepower.com/forum/uploads/1268617647/gallery_4_149_202361.jpg
gallery_4_149_202361.jpg

Gone !!!

gallery_4_149_348242.jpg

Motor is out to get some help from the HP gods

gallery_4_149_268936.jpg

gallery_4_149_595977.jpg

gallery_4_149_322820.jpg

Last edited:
sweet i may have to actually watch the show now!

Its a huge long shot to get on but these are bad *** trucks and so few have a clue.

I don't think anyone has done a detailed build for the show so that may give us an edge.

My wife is cool with me going AWOL for 3 weeks and Josh is able to drop everything too.

I am fired up. I worked on it all day today and have a good parts list going to make this come together.

Clicks and post to the Bull Run link help us as well!!!!!!!!!

i love the bullrun show they have on speed channel.. i havent missed a show since it started 2 seasons ago.. i always thought itd be sweet to have a lightning in a bullrun.. good luck on your quest..and keep up the good work.

itd be cooler if it were a gen1 :D

seriously though last time i watched it i was thinkin man thatd be bad *** if a lightning was on that:heart:
good luck!

it'd be a tough one, but if you can get in I think you'd do really well. They seem to usually only let on one truck/suv a season. And the truck/suv always does pretty darn good every year too. The L would have the edge up with having that sporty handling and power, but off road capability (gulp, did I just say the L had offroad capability? LoL!...well moreso than lamborghinis, ferraris, and other supercars 1" off the ground), since they always seem to love challenges that are always offroad, but still require some balls.

I'd get a clear bra installed on that thing if you do get in, you know you'll be busting through chain link fences, glass, and flaming basketballs :rofl:

it'd be a tough one, but if you can get in I think you'd do really well. They seem to usually only let on one truck/suv a season. And the truck/suv always does pretty darn good every year too. The L would have the edge up with having that sporty handling and power, but off road capability (gulp, did I just say the L had offroad capability? LoL!...well moreso than lamborghinis, ferraris, and other supercars 1" off the ground), since they always seem to love challenges that are always offroad, but still require some balls.

I'd get a clear bra installed on that thing if you do get in, you know you'll be busting through chain link fences, glass, and flaming basketballs :rofl:

We are building it just for all that. I have extra parts for anything I would hurt.
Hell I have a whole cab and doors :eek:ldtu:

The one thing that may help us is we are going to show the whole build up which no one has done.

Thats and its time for a Lightning to shine.

Josh is a nut and will be very entertaining.

We have a lot of build ideas to help it out.

I am modding the fuel system this week and will adapt it for more volume as well!!!

well what do u need

if u got a good list up... i imagine alots of peoples can trade u stuff

The serious planning starts Tomorrow

We are going to start the Planning for our Video!!!!!

My buddy owns IMV Films so this may get done really nice!!!!!

IMV FILMS - Vehicular Lunacy at its Finest

See what kind of work they do there

They actually have a rally documentary

As for parts we are going to see how far we can get it without asking.
A few big names have already offered but we have not figured out how to return the favor.

We appreciate the help guys!!!!!

Offer up any ideas

And

Resister and show support on the Bullrun.com site

You need to inncrease fuel range.... Maybe add a 15gal fuel cell in the bed..

Ray

Thanks Ray

Should have that done this weekend.

Stock tank and I will have a valved -10 an line run to the bed that will be valved to plug right into a bed mount cell.

I will get some pics up soon of the modded Hat!!!

Just using bulk heads to keep the cost down.

Running 2 255s to -6s into a large filter then into a -8 to feed the rails

We have a name and dot com

We are Team Struck

The first shirt is already designed and will be out very soon!!!!!!!!

Fuel system is under construction!!!

The suspension will be started this weekend!!!

Pictures and logos and shirts themes coming soon!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the support guys

That show sucks but I'll watch every episode if you boys are on it! :eek:ldtu:

Someone is gonna have to get a NLOC sticker.

There is a ton of White to go around.

The build is being documented and we will ahve a ton of clips coming up.

Yea for those that don't know Typhoon he is crazy!!!

I just as bad behind the wheel but usually much more quiet.

Here is the look we are going for

gallery_4_150_7687.jpg

:D Nice start!

Maybe check out what the typical sponsors are for bull run and photoshop those on in place of some of the Team Struck logos? Assuming 1 on the tailgate, there's 8 of those suckers on there, almost looks like a whilte lady bug :rofl: I'd just do the big logo on the doors, maybe the tailgate. Then where those smaller ones are do the other sponsor logos :?

Keep the progress posts coming along, I love these threads :tu:

:D Nice start!

Maybe check out what the typical sponsors are for bull run and photoshop those on in place of some of the Team Struck logos? Assuming 1 on the tailgate, there's 8 of those suckers on there, almost looks like a whilte lady bug :rofl: I'd just do the big logo on the doors, maybe the tailgate. Then where those smaller ones are do the other sponsor logos :?

Keep the progress posts coming along, I love these threads :tu:

Another great night of progress!!

Shaggy and typhoon are still working on the final
logos so we can sticker this girl up!!!

This weekend will be a huge push!!!

Finish the interior and we are both taking out person trucks and gutting our suspensions to build this one up!!!

Lots of pics from tonight will hit the sites Tom

we have asked for decals from all the lightning sites so far only ** has stepped up. This is our chance to represent the lightning world

the faster we get some decals the more the sites will be represnted in the builds

As far as sponsors no one has ever built a ride for the show so this is a first. What others do is get the sponsors after they are on the show since you get to keep the bullrun decals and that's the only way you can use them

Some vendors have already asked to
help but we don't have a great way to return the favor yet

Right now all we need is for fans of what we are doing to register and show support on the bullrun site. We are already crushing other applicants

the combination of a custom build and lightning owner support will be huge!!!!

Thanks guys

Back