OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS - please.

eqstrnsteph

Hey !
I have a quick question. And I appologize that really have no knowledge of lightnings. But my boyfriend is driving me crazy.
He as a Ford Lightning.. it's a 2001. One day, it just randomly started acting like it was going to stall whenever he tried to give it gas. It drove fine to the store, just on the way home, he was giving it gas and it was acting liek it was going to stall, it hardly moved around corners, from stops, etc. it was idling fine, and when he took the supercharger belt thing off, it drove just fine (without the supercharger). So he decided that it was the supercharger that was broken. Anyways, he bought a new one, installed it and everything. And its still doing the same thing !
So I was just wondering if you might have any possible idea what could cause that ? or maybe how to fix it? LOL !
We thought maybe bad gas, but that has been ruled out aswell at this point
Thank you very much for your time,
any idea is reaaaally welcome.

Stephanie.

This needs to be in the Gen.II section. He needs to pull the codes on it to see what's going on. Sounds like a vac. leak.

I had a problem similar to this with my lightning. Check all the hoses going in/out of the supercharger. also check the air intake tube going to the throttle body, i noticed my rubber hose got spliced underneath right where it connects to the throttle body and that caused problems

Back