Great Flood of 2016

tdr0143

Just the fog lights got a little water. Close call.
43d369784c45560fb66e8dc67dd5b560.jpg
2eb2c9b918ae69cb85f4dd496f64efd1.jpg
c6957ab1f1482a099285be77423eb186.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was definitely freaked out. Full coverage, but what does that matter if you can't find another with low miles.

Whoa!!! That is entirely too close. I can say if it were mine and I saw that water that high the water would have been a little more brown! Hope you faired well otherwise!?

I would drain the rear fluid, pull the axles, clean the axle bearings and replace axle seals out back. Then repack the front wheel bearings out front.

Then figure the frame, brake/fuel lines got wet too. Get it all cleaned asap!

I would drain the rear fluid, pull the axles, clean the axle bearings and replace axle seals out back. Then repack the front wheel bearings out front.

I'd be sanitizing EVERYTHING that water touched!!!

I am in Denham Springs. My house took on water, so that is my main concern right now. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can look under the truck and check it out. Haven't had the energy or guts to do so yet.

Mold doesn't grow on metal. Little concerned about surface rusting.

Not in a flood zone, so
No flood insurance.

Sorry for your situation bro.
Hope your house is not to badly messed up.
As long as all are safe things can be replaced.
Its only a little water the truck will be fine.
Some basic maintenance and clean up should be all it needs ONCE the IMPORTANT things are done.

I Live For Myself and I Answer to No One.

If your not in a flood zone shouldn't your regular homeowners cover flood damage?

This is true, I don't know about your ins/area but my ins in Fla as long as I'm not in a 100 year flood zone any damage is covered under the standard home owners ins. I would check into it more before you go any further.

Sorry to hear about your house also effected, that really sucks! I've done flood clean up, I know what your dealing with.

Mold isn't the only thing, if that's flood water that's considered Cat3 water. There's fecal matter (animal and human) along with who knows what bacteria in that water. You and your family could get very sick. Be careful...

Super good advice Jamie.

This is true, I don't know about your ins/area but my ins in Fla as long as I'm not in a 100 year flood zone any damage is covered under the standard home owners ins. I would check into it more before you go any further.

You sure about that?
Typically in all my years of home ownership (all in TX however) if not in flood plan no flood ins req and if you get flooded your sol on damage. A separate rider must be purchased for flood coverage.
If in 100 yr plane ins co will REQUIRE PURCHASE of flood ins. If not in the plane its home owners discretion.

Id check with agent/policy as I believe you are incorrect.

http://www.iii.org/article/does-my-homeowners-insurance-cover-flooding

And a pipe breaking and flooding your house is not the same as mother nature flooding it.

You sure about that?
Typically in all my years of home ownership (all in TX however) if not in flood plan no flood ins req and if you get flooded your sol on damage. A separate rider must be purchased for flood coverage.
If in 100 yr plane ins co will REQUIRE PURCHASE of flood ins. If not in the plane its home owners discretion.

Correct in a 100 year flood plane we are required to carry flood ins. But when we had those hurricanes come thru the center of Fla my sister and I were not in flood zones and our ins. (Different companies) both covered our damages and stated because we were not required to carry flood ins. that it would be covered under our standard policy. So I just assumed that was standard practice? In my 30 years of homeownership this was the first time I've dealt with flooding so that is all I had to go off..

Now you have me worried and I need to check that out! I have since changed Ins. Companies because mine decided the east coast of Florida was too much of a risk and would not renew my policy.

Well Ive never been flooded so no personal experience.
I do know I am not in a plane and do not have separate flood policy.
I hope I never have to find out how it would go.

Back