Gen 1 66mm Single Build

The merge underneath was being a PITA, so I switched to the flange end to work back to it.

Last edited:
Pretty good progress today. Close to what I was hoping to have done.

Hot side needs a little more tweaking before it's ready to weld. Do still need to figure out where the gate is going to be.

Very rough mock up of the cold side,we'll see.

Last edited:
Looks good. That's cool how you ran the hot side through the oil filter cut out in the crossmember. Definitely making good progress.

Truck is coming along nicely. You've got a very well rounded build so far. Did you do anything to the longblock? I remember you pulled it and the trans in the past, correct?

Truck is coming along nicely. You've got a very well rounded build so far. Did you do anything to the longblock? I remember you pulled it and the trans in the past, correct?

Thanks.Motor is stock, save for a set of roller rockers. Yes, had the M/T both out for cleaning,painting. Once the dust settles over this winter, plan is for a cam and a set of AFRs.

I admire the way you do things :) No crazy 1,000,000 HP build, you don't let the "while you're at it" bug strike.

Got some shop time in the last couple days. Can't believe I got around the AC and PS lines without any trouble. Need another 45 and a 90 elbow to finish up the IC to TB pipe.

This is the way I had planned on running the compressor to IC pipe, but after getting the turbo mounted, I didn't think it'd work out. Glad I was wrong.

Last edited:
Howre you liking them so far?
I know your probably running a different tire in the rear.
I have 315/35/r17 on the back of my 302 ranger and it seems like they should be hooking up better than they do.
Although I don't have more than 500 miles on them.

Looks really good. I am all for keeping the ac too which is nice. Can it still turn to lock without contacting the ic pipe?

Howre you liking them so far?
I know your probably running a different tire in the rear.
I have 315/35/r17 on the back of my 302 ranger and it seems like they should be hooking up better than they do.
Although I don't have more than 500 miles on them.

Very happy with them so far. Size is 235/55/17.I bought them because they were a good match appearance wise to the M&H DRs I'm running out back.

No probs with tire clearance Joe, it is close though!

Did some rethinking on the IC to TB pipe and got it worked out without needing any more elbows,always a good thing I guess.

Got it mocked up all the way to the IC:

Onto the wastgate and downpipe over the weekend.

Last edited:
Back