Factory psom

alarcont91

Is there a way to get around the factory psom for the pimpxshift . Still have issues and I’m try to figure something out. Or is the only other option is to go with an aftermarket dash setup. If so please let me know what would work with the pimpxshift. Also would be open to buy another psom for a 94 L if anyone has a good one for sale

The PSOM itself isn't Lightning specific. Only the gauge that attaches to it.

You can change the VSS input signal the PxS expects and run a new lead directly to the VSS. That wouldn't be a difficult way to test and it's the cost of 10' of wire and an hour of your time. If that works, then you'd have to figure out how to get the signal to both the speedo and the computer...

Ok thanks. I did order another psom module like you suggested to test with hopefully something changes

I'm getting a Dakota Digital SGI-100BT
I emailed them the other day and said it will work with the PSOM and has multiple outputs
Seems like the best of both worlds

Sorry I’m confused, newb question here. I’m still building my lightning and have the PxS here not installed yet. Does this mean it doesn’t work with the factory psom or that you’re just having issues with yours?

Sorry I’m confused, newb question here. I’m still building my lightning and have the PxS here not installed yet. Does this mean it doesn’t work with the factory psom or that you’re just having issues with yours?

Hey James, he’s having issues. PiMP works fine with the stock VSS and PSOM.

Hey James, he’s having issues. PiMP works fine with the stock VSS and PSOM.
10/4. I thought that was the case but knowing my luck I was worried I had read something wrong when I bought the tuner. Instantly saw more dollar signs I might have to spend and had to clarify 😂

Back