Drag Class Rules Are Set

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
We are done tweaking the drag classes. We added the All Ford Truck class to the event. You will be allowed to change class after you have registered, when you check-in, should you wish to do so.

Thanks,

...Dwight...

Hi Dwight

Have you got a specific type of fuel in mind for each class ?....I noticed the Street Challenge class was pump fuel only which is as it should be.

Also wanted to point out that NHRA just came up with a new rule that has caused a scramble....they want a rear end mounted drive shaft safety loop for the rear U joint....the loop has to move with the rearend. Not sure exactly what classes this affects, but do know that my local fabricator already has his first 10 units in the works.

Dale

Dale,

Where did you see that?

I searched last night in 2010 rule book for Drive Shaft rule. This is what I found.

2:4 DRIVELINE
In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal joint, all RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker with slicks and 11.49 or quicker with street tires must have a retainer loop 360 degrees of enclosure, 1/4-inch minimum thickness and 2 inches wide, or 7/8-inch x .065-inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and located within 6 inches of the front universal joint for support of the driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Open drivelines passing any part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inch minimum-
thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or frame structure.
GENERAL REGULATIONS

Dale,

Where did you see that?

I searched last night in 2010 rule book for Drive Shaft rule. This is what I found.

2:4 DRIVELINE
In place of a crossmember, in the vicinity of the front universal joint, all RWD cars running 13.99 or quicker with slicks and 11.49 or quicker with street tires must have a retainer loop 360 degrees of enclosure, 1/4-inch minimum thickness and 2 inches wide, or 7/8-inch x .065-inch welded steel tubing, securely mounted and located within 6 inches of the front universal joint for support of the driveshaft in event of U-joint failure. Open drivelines passing any part of the driver’s body must be completely enclosed in 1/8-inch minimum-
thickness steel plate, securely mounted to the frame or frame structure.
GENERAL REGULATIONS

I didn't read it Bobby I seen at the chassis/fabricator shop. He is building them for other local shops right now. I don't think it is printed yet but it is a new rule.....really new.

The rear driveshaft safety loop is for Pro Mod cars. The trucks are only required to have 1 driveshaft safety loop 6 inches MAX rearward of front u joint. A loop is only required if you are running quicker than 13.99 with slicks or 11.49 with street tires.

The rear driveshaft safety loop is for Pro Mod cars. The trucks are only required to have 1 driveshaft safety loop 6 inches MAX rearward of front u joint. A loop is only required if you are running quicker than 13.99 with slicks or 11.49 with street tires.

Jeff,

Thanks for the Helpful info. :eek:ldtu:

I was just starting to research the subject.

I hope this is right.....the only reason I mentioned it was because one of the guys standing there was making it sound like he needed to put one on his super street car running 122 mph :headscratch:

Hopefully I misunderstood :thumbup:

It's correct I tech race cars for a living. With the NHRA,NMCA and NMRA. Now if the driveshaft is exposed to the driver it has to be completely enclosed in 1//8th inch minimum thickness steel plate e.i. Pro Mods, Top Sportsman, Pro Street, Pro Stock etc.. I think there might be only a hand full of lightning trucks that require this type of shield.

Last edited:
Classes Rules Are Set.

The class rules are finalized. :ashamed:

Thanks for your rule clarifications Jeff. We appreciate your help! :bigtu:

...Dwight...

The class rules are finalized. :ashamed:

Thanks for your rule clarifications Jeff. We appreciate your help! :bigtu:

...Dwight...

Dwight,

I sent you a PM a few days ago about class rules. I have not gotten a responce to it. Can you please give me an answer to my PM.

Bobby

What PM are you referring to Bobby? I checked the PMs from you and every one has been replied to? Did I miss one...if so please send your PM again and I will answer it.

Robert, The class rules have been the same for the last 3 LightningFests and seem to work well. We did change the ET break after looking at past class numbers.
  • In previous years the break was 12.99/13.00. In looking at the break #s, the 12.79/12.80 was a move to even split of the actual class entrants.
  • The 2 steps, back halves for Pro Street Lightning/HD, has been the rule for the past three events.
  • We did change the Street Lightning/HD truck tires to DOT approved/labeled at Bobby's suggestion.

So, there have been little that has changed.

What PM are you referring to Bobby? I checked the PMs from you and every one has been replied to? Did I miss one...if so please send your PM again and I will answer it.

I check and for some reason do not see it in my sent Pm's.

I sent it the other night when board was locking up. So I dunno.

Oh well it has been sent again.

Robert, The class rules have been the same for the last 3 LightningFests and seem to work well. We did change the ET break after looking at past class numbers.
  • In previous years the break was 12.99/13.00. In looking at the break #s, the 12.79/12.80 was a move to even split of the actual class entrants.
  • The 2 steps, back halves for Pro Street Lightning/HD, has been the rule for the past three events.
  • We did change the Street Lightning/HD truck tires to DOT approved/labeled at Bobby's suggestion.

So, there have been little that has changed.

yep ,i know...last lfest we had a 12.50 cap.my truck ran 12.8.i just figured with the tire rule and pump gas only rules,that we could race with no cap.

guess ill just be watching this round.

Final, Final rule change....Forecer, Written in STONE

Final, Final Changes: ;)

Street Lightning/HD Truck ET 12.50 and slower (bracket)
Pro Street Lightning/HD Truck ET 12.49 and faster (bracket)
Pro Street Lightning/HD Truck:
  • Removed Delay boxes & Throttle stops from allowable electronics
  • Removed Full Chassis requirement

That is our Last, Final, Forever, Cast in Stone, change....:ashamed: :embar: :D

Final, Final Changes: ;)

Street Lightning/HD Truck ET 12.50 and slower (bracket)
Pro Street Lightning/HD Truck ET 12.49 and faster (bracket)
Pro Street Lightning/HD Truck:
  • Removed Delay boxes & Throttle stops from allowable electronics
  • Removed Full Chassis requirement

That is our Last, Final, Forever, Cast in Stone, change....:ashamed: :embar: :D

HUMMMMMM!!!!!!!! < Blue Oval Forever > ;k :stirpot:

Last edited:
Back