Columbus Swap Meet

Nick Wilson

Factoryblue Engineering
Hope to see every body up there Thanksgiving weekend. Just keep your hands off the late 60's ford truck parts.

Nick

I'll be there on Sunday.....and I'll keep away from the late 60's stuff if you keep away from the Early Bronco stuff.;) ;p

JFX

That swap always sucks azz! Never again. if you dont own a 65-93 mustang dont go. This year some jack wanted 2,800 for a poll wrapped mustang, but it had "no rust." OHHH! I made sure he saw me laugh at him. I told another guy with a tailgate, if I wanted to buy a gallon of Bondo, id go to Wal-Mart. HA!
I think there's a big truck/bronco do'n in MI.

Nick

I have been selling at both columbus for swapmeets for the last 9 years and yes I sell late model mustang parts.Not trying to start any trouble because I like all you people even though I do not know but 1 of ya well And have only met you Nick when I bought a fiberglass bedcover from you.
But I enjoy selling to the people and meeting new people at the swap meets and nothing pisses me off more then when I price something and someone makes a smartass remark about it being to high or laughing about it.If I thought it was too high I would not price it as such,I know what this stuff is worth and A swap meet is where you make an offer don't laugh and walk away.Nothing I price is firm unless I state it is.
Nick that mustang was real close to my spaces and it was well worth $2800.00 if you was wanting it for any type of conversion and alot more in parts.Hell the black interior was probably worth $1500 parted out.and that is what the guy ended up doing parting it right there and drove what was left out of the building and took it home.Yes I know there was alot of people that were way to high on there prices and I can tell you from being there all weekend and seeing their stuff,alot of people did not have good sales because of prices but I was not one of them I had a very good weekend.
You need to think about that next time you are at a swap meet because if you are into the car hobby very long you may end up selling someplace like that and I'am sure would not want someone talking trash to you.I don't and I don't hesitate to tell them about it and tell them to keep walking I do not need nor want their business.

sorry for the venting.

Greg Thomas
The Pony Pasture
Chillicothe,Ohio

I hear ya Greg.I'm a cheapskate and anybody that knows me would agree,but it also depends on how bad I want something.I bought a few things for my 95L and gave full price which is against my nature,but it hit me at the right time.I think the Columbus swap meets are great for any Ford guy just to browse.It's mostly Mustangs but they are the most popular Ford.The older stuff is not there as much but that seems to be the case at all the swap meets from the comments I've heard.Some of the guys at work say the Springfield swap isn't what it used to be,it's bigger but the content has changed.Concerning prices,if I think it's higher than I want to give I'll make an offer.If a guy says no,it's his stuff and he prices where he wants.Nobody ever held a gun on me to make pay more for anything.

Back