Clay Bar Question

Ten31

Proud American
I know, I know I read the directions on the clay bar and it says just spray the quik detailer on and using a back and forth motion and to make sure the surface is lubed. I'm terrified of screwing up my paint by doing this... any other tips?

lots of lubrication, and dont do it out in the sun, make sure your truck is nice and cool.

If it makes you feel better, practice on someone elses car.

I use water on mine. Seeing that you already have the hose out from washing it. It works the same, plus you don't have to worry about running out of the detail spray.

i used the maguire's clay bar about three months ago and haven't had to wax the L since. i use some maguire's quick detailer on it yesterday and it was as smooth as when i used the bar, it really works well.

i used the maguire's clay bar about three months ago and haven't had to wax the L since. i use some maguire's quick detailer on it yesterday and it was as smooth as when i used the bar, it really works well.

Besides removing bonded contaminants, the clay bar will also remove wax. I would suggest re-waxing for an even slicker, glossier finish.

Your not going to screw up your paint, wash the truck with dawn or wax remover, the go over the truck with the detail spray and clay- do not drop it, if you do toss it, turn the clay often as it get dirty, thats it, I would use the lube and not water if thats what they recommend.

You can use water with no problems. It's actually smarter to use water to clay the truck so that you can use Quik Detailer during/after waxing.

Back