Carlsbad This Saturday. Who Is Going?

I'm a "maybe" at this point. It looks like my waterski trip is going to fall through, so there's a good chance I can make it.

If I go I can bring an extra helmet (for someone with a medium head). I'll double check the specs on it. Not sure what the rating requirement is for Carlsbad.

I'm a maybe as well..... only if I can get the money for it.. (i'm brokkkke)

Venomous...

I have a helmet if you want to use it. I'm always in the Orange County area (well close to it, La Mirada).. It's VERY clean inside... full face helmet...

Awesome Marcus. If i can borrow it, that would be great!

Isnt there like a cycleworld or Cycle something in Lake Forrest that sells the HJC helmets?

Anyone?

Last edited:
Venomous Mofo said:
Awesome Marcus. If i can borrow it, that would be great!

Isnt there like a cycleworld or Cycle something in Lake Forrest that sells the HJC helmets?

Anyone?
I'll sell you one of my extra helmets too!!! I have a bitchen lookin' helmet that was color matched to my old CB929RR. I sold the bike but still have the helmet which was worn twice!
$200 helmet. I'll sell it for $60....
sself

With all the helmets floating around does anyone need me to bring my spare? If not, I'll leave it home.

Also, anyone from LA/OC want to caravan down to Carlsbad?

Carlsbad convoy

Here's some spots to meet on the way down:

- Irvine Spectrum (near the valet parking and The Yard House) off 405 & Irvine Center. I think it's actually called Fortune Dr.
- Carl's Jr. at Lake Forest exit on the 5 (just past the "Y" and on the west side of the freeway)
- Wendy's at the Alicia exit on the 5 (west of the freeway)

pick one...

Caravan to Carlsbad on Saturday

Russ,

How about Carls Jr at the Lake Forest Exit

What time?

Track opens at 1:00 I believe, be nice to get there by 1230 to let things cool off a bit

It took me 1 to 1.5 hrs last time, so I guess we would need to meet at Carls Jr. about 10:45 to 11:00 am

I'm open to other locations as well

Please advise,

I'm not in a hurry to have Kevin walk all over my ass is his black 02...LOL

Ray

:tu:

Re: Caravan to Carlsbad on Saturday

SYTECH said:

How about Carls Jr at the Lake Forest Exit
What time?
Track opens at 1:00 I believe, be nice to get there by 1230 to let things cool off a bit
we would need to meet at Carls Jr. about 10:45 to 11:00 am

I'm not in a hurry to have Kevin walk all over my ass is his black 02...LOL

I can be there (at Carl's, whatever time you want) -- 11 sounds fine to me.

ROFLOL on your comment about Kevin. He isn't that fast is he?

The track opens at 1 PM...or the gates to the track open then? Haven't been there in 4 years (drag racing's not my thing, it's over too fast...I like long races -- the same way I like my sex!)

It's only about 45 miles to the track I believe.

Last edited:
Ok, ill meet you at Carls Jr at 11am

Generally takes an hour to get there.

Im hoping for something better then a 13.5 this time around. I could have thrown in a diablo delta, but i didnt feel with srewing around with different programs tonight.

So let's here some times???? What kinda ET's did you guy's run while dodging weeds on the starting line and rolling through the dirt?;p

Carlsbad Report

I ran pretty damn slow. I was hoping for high 14's but only managed a 15.21 (with lots of wheel-spin) and a bunch of 15.3's. I've also got some sort of problem that I need to track down and solve that's affecting my trap MPH. The first run was 15.3 @ 89+ which sounds about right, but all the remaining runs were 10 MPH lower even though the ET was nearly identical and in some cases faster. And the 1/8 mile MPH was a few MPH faster on nearly all the runs, despite having slower final trap MPH. Something's not right. :confused:

However, I did manage to get my reaction time down though -- from 1.33 (yeah I was sleeping on the first run) to 0.595. :tu:

I still had fun though! And a big thank you to Steve and Kevin for helping me remove my tonneau cover! That thing's a little on the heavy side.

The other guys ran some pretty good times -- I think they were all pretty satisfied. I'll let them share their stories -- I don't want to steal their thunder. I do know, that they left a helluva lot of rubber out there! ;d

I got some decent pics that I should have back from the developer in a few days. (I'm still using old-fashioned film so I need to finish the roll and take it in.)

12.25 @ 110+mph

I turned out a 12.25 @ 110.83mph in 90 degrees!!! It was friggen hot out there on the track. I also turned a 12.35 & 12.46.
Didn't Dale with the Kenny Belle blower turnout a 12.35 trailered in cold? Hmmmm?

Actually,

I did 12.35 in the heat (I think Silver said his wrist-weather station said 90 or 92 degrees), in bad air...

Works blower With 4lb lower.

Dont you worry yourself Steve, Ive got some big things coming :)

I don't have a converter, electric fan, water pump or Single blade TB, but it still made 417/527 SAE corrected tho. (pump gas)

I will see ya out there soon!

-Dale

BTW- The only reason I trailered it was because I live like 140 miles away. Thats a long walk if I manage to break a rod :)

it was fun meeting all of you socalloc members good racing event. DALE 01 you miss a good one :D

13.22 @103.8 mph

Alright, I may not be as fast as Steve, but my truck has "BALLS", and I try harder....lol

Good day at the track, got to break in my new NITTO 555 R Extreme Drag Radials

Started out at 25 lbs of pressure for run # 1, then dropped to 20, 19, and my last run I had gone down to 18

18 lbs of air, and a 1100 rpm launch hooked up good and gave me a 1.9 sec.'s at 60 ft and my fastest time of the night at 13.22 (pump gas) and on a street program chip.

Now that Steve sold me his TOP SECRET, High Speed - Low Drag, NASA Space Age Technology 6 lb. pulley (Ha!), I just might get into the 12's yet.

I did hear some rattling / pinging at max RPM / max speed at the 1/4 mile trap, so I need to get my tuning straightened up and then I will get a race program and use some race gas for my next trip down

Jay Lincoln's Truck-Traks really did a good job of eliminating any wheel hop and getting the power to the strip too.........good investment (thanks Jay). Now I just need to learn the best RPM to try and launch from......

I had a good time racing Russ & Kevin. I hope to see them plus more of the local L's at the next Carlsbad get together

:tu:

Back