Calling KC guys!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
We will need a tall stand to shoot photographs from this year. We would need it from the 22nd-24th at the track (KCIR) for PhotoMagic to use.

We are hoping that someone will DONATE the use of a stand for the event. We want the stand to make GOOD group photos and overall track shots this year. Something with a 20' reach or more would be nice.

Thanks,

...Dwight...

Dwight, how about scaffolding (sp?) that construction/painters use? Not sure how high they go, but I know they can be rented, because there's a place here in Columbia that rents them.

Or a "skyjacker", which is the same, only it is a powered, scissor-type deal. But, again, not sure how high they go - I'll check.

Matt, can you check on this, and if you know a rental place, maybe talk them into donating one for the weekend for their advertising? And I'll check around myself.

I will have Nan call KCIR and check. I was in their shop/garage last year and did not see one.

Vern, it really needs to be easily moved to change camera positions during the event!

The skyjacker or scissor lift would be the way to go. They have them that will go that high and prob. even higher. There is also a reg. manlift...or cherry picker as some call it. Even something like an electrical or phone crew might use, mounted to a truck.
How about the local fire engine ladder? :D

Vern said:
Dwight, how about scaffolding (sp?) that construction/painters use? Not sure how high they go, but I know they can be rented, because there's a place here in Columbia that rents them
+1 yeah you can rent that for a day pretty cheap

If anyone is a volunteer Firefighter in that area, maybe they could ask for a ladder truck. HEHHEE

I'll check around. I seem to remember where there used to be some scaffolding layin around, if it's still there I'll grab it. IIRC, it was about 2 stories worth. And no, I'm not gonna go steal some, lol.

We have a national agreement with RSC and United Rentals for Scissor, JLG's, and boom lifts. I'm sure I can work out something if needed.

For example...a 20' scissor rents for about $80 a day. Depending on where it is you need to drive it, it may bave to be an all terrain model that just about doubles the price. Depending on the model you can reach heights of 126'...so your options are wide open.

I'll do some checking to see what I can find.

we will want a scissors type that is powered. We will probably just use it on the blacktop! It is just for the photographers use. There is no fixed place to get decent shots at KCIR!

All ILLNESS is restricted from using the scissor stand...they would try to race it.:?

A few bad apples always spoil the fun for everyone else.
picture.JPG

Chitown Willie said:
A 126 foot tall wheelie mobile

...I can here Ross's head ringing from here.

Last edited:
Back