Ad Expired: Bullet Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

Bullet cams, recommended by a friend for a stock block/head Lightning. Used for about 900 miles. Removed to select cams to take more advantage of TFS heads.

$450 shipped in continental U.S.

25180910422_c90bd4d34f_b.jpg

25272925466_c2f644d17e_b.jpg

25299157925_7fba5ef476_b.jpg

25272922306_2c031a8186_b.jpg

25299155055_fc4e9025d5_b.jpg

Scott

Scott other than the obvious things like gaskets and a tune to compensate for these what else would be needed if anything.
Just thinking atm.

Scott other than the obvious things like gaskets and a tune to compensate for these what else would be needed if anything.
Just thinking atm.

Cam gears, spacers that locate the cam gears forward to line up correctly (all aftermarket cams are machined differently on the nose) and bolts for the cam gears (think ARP). Stock OEM cam gears for the 5.4 are pressed on to the cams.

Doing the cam change in the truck ? Valve spring compressor to get the followers off the cams to get them R & R'ed.

Possibly some other odds and ends to accomplish the change in the truck but I did mine with the engine out.

Scott

How are they as far as DD use.
Do they idle well etc.

That's what I'm after is DD type use. Don't want a radical idle, stumble, no power below a given RPM type of truck. Exhaust note is changed, but not lopey cams. Vacuum I noticed was down to about 13 inches at idle, power brakes had no noticeable change at idle. Truck drove in city driving and highway driving the same as with stock cams under cruise conditions. Responded better under aggressive acceleration.

Scott

Those will be perfect for a spiced up Gen 2 daily driver. If I still had my Gen 2, I wouldn't hesitate to drop those in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back