Blew the motor!

white01

Turbo Power
Just to let you guys know I blew the motor at edgewater last night. I need to get a built motor now. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rich

Holy shizzlenits! I wish I was their. It crossed my mind; but too much going on.

Were you able to drive it home? Did you venilate the block? If you're looking for a local shop - their is one here in Cincy that does a lot of Mustang ; it also has done Lightnings. The name of the place escapes me! ugh! :(

What are your mods? ET's?

John

No I had it towed to my place of employment till I get down there today to trailer it home. It threw a rod, I could tell by the sickening noise the motor made when it happened. Mods are as follows:
cai
chip
single blade tb
power cooler
2.7 upper
4 lower
ftvb
electric fan
160 therm
cobra r water pump
long tube headers
58" long bars
28" slicks
oh, nx nitrous kit

It was a nitrous run when the motor let loose. I will be installing a new one myself.

Rich

Are you pulling the motor yourself? I'd like to see the motor be pulled or put in ... just would be cool. Let me know if I could stop by to document or lend a hand.
you're less than 2 hrs. from me.
Very cool stuff.

Best of luck to you,
John

Yes John, my brother in law and I will yank the motor and install the new one. I just got the truck home tonight and took a good look at it. It is not good at all, she blew out 4 holes in the block from just a visual stand point. After I get the top of the motor torn apart and the tranny and exhaust off, we will yank the motor and start to tear it down. We found the top of a rod without the wrist pin laying on the cross frame of the truck. Also had pieces of block laying everywhere. You are welcome to come out if you want. MY home # is (937) 393-5322 I'm usually home by 6:00pm everyday. I live near rocky fork lake.

Later
Rich

Oh, also my best in the truck was 12.19 @ 114 mph

well rich if any one here feels for ya its me. Welcome to the club. Atleast you got more than 9k miles out of yours lol
Good luck

Jared, yah but there isn't much to salvage off this motor. Also it was on a non nitrous tune. Not Sals. I hope its in the 11's all day long after the new motor. How is the cobra running? See ya at the track in early fall.

rich

Back