Gauge cluster question?

RPM289

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Is there a way to tell which cluster between 93 and 94?
ee83042fabdb39bcd7406a2b3f31b5c2.jpg

aabed47ab2f2b137120f6ebfe4a408fa.jpg

b689cdd1b50c38a583382b572b0a8623.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air bag light.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Harness has fog light but not in truck PN all 93 I think. Can you tell if air bag light is there without it hooked up?

Can I hurt it if I plug it up in my 95 302 truck? If it’s a 93? Guy couldn’t remember what truck it came out of.

To my knowledge, it won't hurt anything. You can't go from '94/'95 to '93 because the alternator won't do it's thing without a signal from the cluster, but the reverse is not true. IIRC, the airbag circuit has some funkery in it that will make the airbag module beep if there isn't a completed circuit through the light.

I also believe the PSOM calibration is different between Lightning and non-Lightning due to the different speedo needle sweep, but that's some rusty old memory there.

Just look at the PN on the film circuit on the front of the cluster - it uses the standard Ford format, so F2##-#... or F3##-#... would be a '92-93 cluster; F4##-#... would be '94. The pinout is different, so you can't cross the '93-94 line in either direction without re-pinning the harness to match the cluster.

Your 2nd pic is the plastic shell, which didn't change, so it always has a '92 number.

To my (again admittedly rusty, circa 2005 when I messed with this) memory, it's just the charging and airbag that don't align, so the cluster will function coming from a '93 to a '94/'95 with the exception of the air bag module beeping.

Back