-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 96 f-150

Name: Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond_B View Post
    Hey Gary, I am confused. So the truck had a no start issue *before* the Quick 2 was installed? If so I would check the orientation of the neutral safety switch. Also the Quick 2 only needs like 2 wires of the original harness to work. The others can be left in place *including the one that completes the circuit to the solenoid.
    At one point it had a no start issue and it turned out to be that it wasnít completely in park.
    I only stated that to point out that it wonít crank without being in park. Sorry for the confusion.

So US Shift sold us their wiring harness and the book that came with it shows where to run all of the wires. I have those installed. None go back to the PCM though.

On the truck side of it I donít know what wire needs to be triggered nor what the voltage needs to be to trick the truck into cranking.

Hope that makes better sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have it figured out. Itís actually in the US Shift book. I just didnít quite understand it correctly. Now that i found a stock diagram it makes sense to me.

Make NLOC Great Again
    Name: Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlareSide View Post
    I think I have it figured out. Itís actually in the US Shift book. I just didnít quite understand it correctly. Now that i found a stock diagram it makes sense to me.
    Yeah the directions turned my head in to a pretzel. Same with the backup lights. I did what some others here recommended and de-pinned the trans connector and popped in the two wires needed for the Quick 4. The rest of the wires stayed in place so everything else worked OK.
    1995 Black #2127
    Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, MS3/3X, blah blah
    http://www.buildpics.org/

My truck's saga
    https://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthr...-come-together

Find the NLOC on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/nloc.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond_B View Post
    Yeah the directions turned my head in to a pretzel. Same with the backup lights. I did what some others here recommended and de-pinned the trans connector and popped in the two wires needed for the Quick 4. The rest of the wires stayed in place so everything else worked OK.
    Iím glad Iím not the only one! They could definitely be better.

Quote Originally Posted by oilwell1415 View Post
    You are making me feel bad about my install. I still don't have a running car. The combination of mission creep (aka "as long as I'm in there I might as well....") and working on a 50 year old car has turned my install into a nightmare. I'm getting there, but things are getting a little ridiculous. It doesn't help that I can only find about one 3-4 hour block of time per week to work on it, but I still thought this would go much more quickly. Famous last words.
    Weíll to be fair this is just a small side project. My main project is sitting beside it and Iím itching to get back to it! So thatís my motivation!

For me, those 3-4 hr blocks of time with a week in between are very inefficient. It takes me a while to wrap my head back around where I was at and what needs to be done. Then itís time to clean up and put tools away.

My main project is going on a year now and I want to get it done, so I know the feeling. Mission creep and falling off a slippery slope.

Name:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlareSide View Post
    Weíll to be fair this is just a small side project. My main project is sitting beside it and Iím itching to get back to it! So thatís my motivation!

For me, those 3-4 hr blocks of time with a week in between are very inefficient. It takes me a while to wrap my head back around where I was at and what needs to be done. Then itís time to clean up and put tools away.

My main project is going on a year now and I want to get it done, so I know the feeling. Mission creep and falling off a slippery slope.

The cutoff for me where it isn't worth messing with is usually about 2 hours unless I've got a few small tasks I can knock out quickly and not have to leave half done. I also had to add an electric fuel pump to the car, which was a few hours of time I wasn't planning on. In retrospect I should have skipped the Holley fuel pump kit and used an in tank set up. Would have been cheaper and cleaner, but I didn't find an in tank I liked until the deed was done. The only place I could put the CTS was in the intake and that required a new thermostat housing. I built a new set of plug wires to avoid EMI. Replaced the blower motor which requires removing the inner fender, so I did heater hoses too. Changed the brake master cylinder. It's just been one thing after another. An hour here and an hour there turns into seeks pretty quickly. I think I'm finally on the downhill side and all I have left is wiring, which I hate.
    2001 Lightning #127, 13.18@105, 374 rwhp/445 rwtq, no chip, no pullies, no nitrous, on street tires and with the stock airbox.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2