-->
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: custom ground cam specs....advice

Name: cameron

i think i had this one rebuilt but it may have been my maf a9p due to the 3 capacitors. but yes, they are prob bad if i havent rebuilt it yet but i'll have to pull it apart and check.

when i was running maf, it was running exactly like yours, then found the 3 bad capacitors, had it rebuilt but it ran the same unfortunately. then i switched back to as much stock or near stock as i could just to drive the ham thing.
    95 f150 5.8 4x4
    76mm maf conversion w/baumanator tranny controller
    a9p, 24#er's, gt40's ported w/larger valves amungst a lot of other stuff
    05 f350 axle swap, gears, brakes and all

man is smart, people are stupid

Name: cameron

im going to try and run the 1.6's instead of the 1.72's since the extra overlap, perhaps it will speed up velocity just slightly as well as a slight bump in vacuum? to try and solve the very very minimum running issues, again, this cam in this truck runs better and stronger that a lot of other trucks with this age for sure.

again, the only issue is an idle in park that goes to 1k sometimes (could be a vacuum leak, gasket on the intake manifold sucking in engine vacuum from underneath slightly) who knows. when coming up to a stop, the tach just jumps up and down from 1200 to 800 every second or so. like a vacuum leak that the computer is trying to compensate for but just can't get right.

im also going to go back to the stock throttle body to kinda choke things down instead of the twin 56 which i think may be too big for the large valve ported gt40's im running? just some things im going to try to see if i can perfec3t all running conditions.

and remember this is an f150 with the twin throttle body set up, not the single mustang style which has a pita tps sensor to get to and adjust.

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

Thankfully I've been able to move on from the weird running problems and start to battle all the other gremlins that live in a 27 year old vehicle! Hopefully you'll get yours sorted, too. I wish I had more to offer!
    #74 in 1995, Vermillion
    Tweaked and Turbocharged
    10.81@126.7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2