-->

Thread: Looking for some parts and have questions

Name: Pablo

Looking for some parts and have questions

I recently bought my first 95 gen 1 lightning and there are some questions i need to ask because i see other lightnings thats are the same year but are different in the inside. For example my speedometer only goes to 80mph and Iíve seen all the other ones go to 120mph and my steering wheel doesnít have cruise control. Were they options or something? And also do you guys know where i can find brackets for the air dam and fog lights. And I donít see my fog light pigtails do you guys know where they come off from? Been searching and no luck. TIA.

No, seriously.
    Name:

Welcome to nloc!

First off, are you sure it's a real Lightning? If it is, the 8th digit in the VIN will be an R.

If it is a Lightning, then someone has put a regular F-series speedometer into it, because the Lightnings only came with 120mph speedometers.

1994 and 1995 Lightnings have a driver's side airbag and all of them have cruise control, so someone swapped out your steering wheel (and maybe the whole steering column). 1993 didn't have an airbag, but still had cruise control.

No one is making aftermarket fog light brackets yet, so you'll have to find someone selling a used set.

Off the too of my head, I think the wiring for the fog lights comes out of the engine bay harness at the top of the core support near the wiring for the crash impact sensors and goes down and through the core support to the front side in the general area above the frame rails.

Name: Pablo

Yea i checked the vin number and has the R in the 8th place. And my steering wheel has an airbag just not the cruise control maybe they did change the whole steering column with the different steering wheel. Itís gonna bug me now because i just want it as original as it came. Just wish i knew before I bought the thing. And thanks for the other information I will check that out

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

A wheel with cruise shouldn't be too hard to come by - You should check to be sure the harness is there, though I think that trucks without the module still had the wiring.

That cluster, though, is going to be tough to find...

Welcome!
    #74 in 1995, Crimson
    Tweaked and Turbocharged
    10.81@126.7

Name: Johnny

Check to see if you still have the cruise control servo on mounted to the driver fender.
    93 Lightning Black #2087 Build Date 4/28/1993
    95 Lightning Red # 1460 Build date 1/31/95 (sold in 2016)
    94 Lightning Red (sold in 2002 )
    93 lightning Red with flames (sold in 1999)
    99 Lightning Black(sold in 2001)

No, seriously.
    Name:

Ok, great. Sounds like you have the correct steering wheel then. I've never seen one without out the cruise control buttons, but I suspect you can just add them to your wheel and remove the blank inserts or whatever is in there now.