-->

Thread: New and on the hunt

Name: Rob

New and on the hunt

Hello all,

I have been browsing over the past few months to see what Lightnings are out there and came across this forum.

To give a backstory on what brings me searching for a Lightning. My grandfather used to own a Ford dealership in New York. My entire family worked there and I spent so much of my childhood around the store and that ultimately started my passion for cars. I was only 9 when the gen2 Lightning came out, but remember vividly how cool it was to see the truck. My dad drove one home for a weekend and I couldnít get enough time sitting behind the wheel pretending to drive and loved riding passenger.

Fast forward to now and I am still so fascinated by these trucks and my passion for SVT vehicles has never stopped. I came across an original Lightning brochure from the dealership while reorganizing some files and it flooded me with memories. I would collect brochures of cars I hoped Iíd own someday and saved everything.

I am still in the early stages of my search, but interested in the information the group has to offer. Hopefully Iíll become apart of the Lightning community soon!

Threw in a picture of when I found the brochure recently.

0C5E00D2-82A0-405B-AFA1-201F07E8863D.jpeg

E4C62799-8C11-46F0-86D6-8D0400E61DC5.jpeg

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

It's a disease! Good luck with the hunt! Nice Gen 2s are out there, but man they command a price!
    #74 in 1995, Crimson
    Tweaked and Turbocharged
    10.81@126.7

Name:

welcome Rob. sounds like you had a great childhood. good story.

Name: Rob

Quote Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
    It's a disease! Good luck with the hunt! Nice Gen 2s are out there, but man they command a price!
    Thatís the truth! Iíve bought and sold around 25-30 cars and Iím just now 30 lol. Itís fun to enjoy different cars, but unfortunately I never had the space or funds to keep all that Iíve wanted. The only two I regret selling are the 03 DBP Marauder and 03 Cobra. Iíll have the track down similar later down the road to complete what Iíd like to call my SVT collection.

Make NLOC Great Again
    Name: Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfox90 View Post
    Thatís the truth! Iíve bought and sold around 25-30 cars and Iím just now 30 lol. Itís fun to enjoy different cars, but unfortunately I never had the space or funds to keep all that Iíve wanted. The only two I regret selling are the 03 DBP Marauder and 03 Cobra. Iíll have the track down similar later down the road to complete what Iíd like to call my SVT collection.
    Welcome! Love the context you gave us.

I'd love to have a Terminator. I was so mad after I bought an 01 Cobra and the blower cars came out. I *hated* the 01. Anyway, welcome aboard I hope you find a nice truck.
    1995 Black #2127
    Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, MS3/3X, blah blah
    http://www.buildpics.org/

My truck's saga
    https://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthr...-come-together

Find the NLOC on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/nloc.net/

Name: Niccolo

Good luck on your search!

Name: James

Howdy! How's your research so far?