-->

Thread: Carlisle Ford Nationals

Name: Brett

Carlisle Ford Nationals

Completely lost track of time, was thinking about posting this a few weeks ago. But for everyone thatís in Pennsylvania/Maryland/NJ area is anyone on here planning on going to the Ford nationals this weekend at Carlisle? I will be going but I was too late to register my lightning. Normally thereís one or 2 Lís there. Not sure if there will be any this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name: Jamie

I just drove past there on Sunday. My days of cruising the swap meets are over though.
    White 94 under 10k miles. PiMPxshift, Punisher E4OD, PI Converter, Vortech V3 Si Trim, Snakebite Bracket, Custom ASP Pulleys, SN95 Timing Cover Bassani Exhaust, LFP Long Bars, Copperhead Driveshaft Loop, Custom Rear Gas Tank, Spal Brushless Fan, Polished Stock Wheels, Billet Center Caps, Bedrug, TCE Front Brakes and a MSD TFI Coil.

Name: Francis Steele

I will be there as a vendor. My gen1 is not done unfortunately. Hopefully next year, I will be able to bring it there.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFraZZy View Post
    I will be there as a vendor. My gen1 is not done unfortunately. Hopefully next year, I will be able to bring it there.
    Awesome what vendor will you be at?

Name: Francis Steele

I am at I128, H128, I127, H127 sharing with my buddy.

Just a friendly head up! I am deaf but I wont bite! Just say hi, if you want to. I will be bringing paper and pen, if anyone wants to communicate or we can communicate through our phone.

I will keep a look out for you. Pen and paper is a great idea! If you see me before I do, I will be wearing a gray Lightning hat with ďSVTĒ on the back so just wave if you see me

So I got some goodies today at the Ford nationals. Got some brushed metal/black badges (Iíll post those up close soon) and some tools for work. I also ran into a deal for an electric fan and a noisier timing gear kit for $100! Didnít think that was too bad considering the guy claims both are brand new. Came across this sign, they also had a white with black letters/outline and a yellow with black. The L did a great job going 100 miles round trip (this is the first time I really took it on a good cruise with the new parts). Now I just need to figure out the high idle problem I have after I go over 55. Have a new IAC and TPS on the way from motor craft. Lots of good deals to be had just wish I had cash for it.

Name: Christopher

Hey i live close to Carlisle. I saw your having a problem with high idle, my dad had a Gen 1 lightning and went through 3 TPS before someone got the bright idea of looking at the wires on the plug. They found damaged wire about 6 inchs from the plug and that fixed it. Just wanted to share that idea with you. I too own a Gen 1 lightning but I've been having problems with it. Its been idling rough and keeps RPM surging in Drive and high idle in park when it starts to surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris93Red View Post
    Hey i live close to Carlisle. I saw your having a problem with high idle, my dad had a Gen 1 lightning and went through 3 TPS before someone got the bright idea of looking at the wires on the plug. They found damaged wire about 6 inchs from the plug and that fixed it. Just wanted to share that idea with you. I too own a Gen 1 lightning but I've been having problems with it. Its been idling rough and keeps RPM surging in Drive and high idle in park when it starts to surge.
    Thatís exactly what mine is doing. Would you want to meet up sometime somewhere inveteeen with the trucks? Itís hard to find other gen 1 guys around here. We might be able to brainstorm some ideas about whatís going on with these things haha.

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

That sounds like a vacuum leak that's upsetting the MAP readings to me.
    #72 in 1995, Crimson
    Tweaked and Turbocharged
    10.81@126.7

Quote Originally Posted by bbsvt94 View Post
    Thatís exactly what mine is doing. Would you want to meet up sometime somewhere inveteeen with the trucks? Itís hard to find other gen 1 guys around here. We might be able to brainstorm some ideas about whatís going on with these things haha.

Sounds great! ill send you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
    That sounds like a vacuum leak that's upsetting the MAP readings to me.
    Well i just had all the vacuum issue fixed on it but am thinking it might be a vacuum sensor. I was driving the truck going hwy speeds 55 to 60 and about 3 or 4 miles i notice a change with the truck and when stopping it started to surge RPMs. let it sit a few days and driving is at low speeds 25 to 35 no change took it out driving hwy speeds maybe 3 or 4 miles again. stopped nothing happened but when drving back home going 35 to 40mps it started acting up and coming to a stop is when is surges RPMs.