-->

Thread: Fuel pump question?

Name: Michael

Fuel pump question?

I have a 2002 Lightning with 4# pulley, larger throttle body and tune with the stock fuel pump. Getting some detonation when going WOT.

If I change the fuel pump to a 255, will it have any affect on the detonation issue?

thanks for any responses!

Mike

Name: Local painter

See what the fuel pressure is when idling in park with the vac line disconnected from the FPR. It should be around 39. Stay out of the throttle until you figure this out.

Name:

Hey Lee, what's up? Kind of slow over at LR today. That's why I started coming here again.

OP. What mods if any does your truck have? Unless you're running a six pound lower, the stock pumps should be fine. Look at me, I am running a two pound lower cog set, Magnum Powers blower, Accufab throttle body, C $ L elbow, giant K & N powerstack filter, Borla catback with the rear two cats deleted, EGR deleted. On the stock tune with the stock pumps. And I can hit the floor with the pedal on a 30 degree night and not join the ventilated block club.

I also recently fitted it with a Magnum Powers three pulley idler bracket when I was able to find three more of the custom made idler pulleys I like. I now have five of them, two sitting around idly.

Add of course a KillerGlass radiator hose. Unobtainium polished stainless steel radiator cover. from Underhood Specialties.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cbxer55; 09-14-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

That upper "hose" is downright bizarre! Is it actually a flexible hose or is it something like an acrylic tube?
    #72 in 1995, Crimson
    Tweaked and Turbocharged
    10.81@126.7

Name:

Quote Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
    That upper "hose" is downright bizarre! Is it actually a flexible hose or is it something like an acrylic tube?
    It's actually glass, 1/4 thick. It's flexible because you cut the ends off a stock hose and install them to the glass "hose" with heat shrink couplings. Been on my truck several years with no problems at all. They still make them as well, checked it out the other day. I thought they were out of production, but still listed on their website.

https://killerglass.com/lightning-f150/

Name:

Will only help detonation if you aren't supplying enough fuel. Do you have a wideband? If the Air fuel is good then you have too much timing for the octane you are using. Drop timing or add octane.
    T/W heads, Comp XFI cam, PI 2600 stall, VSR next gen billet 78/75 turbo, id1050x injectors, and a Stock 200k mile shortblock with a Pimpxshift

Personal best 1/8 mile: 6.74 @ 103.6 mph

Name: Gary

Quote Originally Posted by FMOS Racing View Post
    Their website says that they make Gen 1 glass tubes also.

I wonder if you can actually see the flow or if it looks the same all the time. If it doesn’t have bubbles or turbulence it seems like you wouldn’t see flow.
    I just wonder who thought of doing this....and then actually did it.....and then made a company out of it. Kudos to them! That’s thinking outside of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Name:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFlareSide View Post
    Their website says that they make Gen 1 glass tubes also.

I wonder if you can actually see the flow or if it looks the same all the time. If it doesn’t have bubbles or turbulence it seems like you wouldn’t see flow.
    I just wonder who thought of doing this....and then actually did it.....and then made a company out of it. Kudos to them! That’s thinking outside of the box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    With the proper application of a flashlight, you can see the flow, even with no bubbles. Have to shine the light beam down the long portion of the "hose", and flow is evident. For me, it's just an easy way to see that the system if properly filled. I have a JLP polished aluminum radiator overflow tank and IC tank. Can't see the lever in them easily. The IC tank is almost topped off. The radiator I use a home made dip stick. I've basically found out that when properly filled, there are no air bubbles in the glass portion.

I didn't know about the Gen. I hose. That's nice.

I see them at car shows some times. It's how I learned of them in the first place. Get lots of comments on it at shows.

Name:

Then everyone could see my rust colored coolant...
    T/W heads, Comp XFI cam, PI 2600 stall, VSR next gen billet 78/75 turbo, id1050x injectors, and a Stock 200k mile shortblock with a Pimpxshift

Personal best 1/8 mile: 6.74 @ 103.6 mph

Quote Originally Posted by slow94 View Post
    Then everyone could see my rust colored coolant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make NLOC Great Again
    Name: Raymond

Need to find a way to mount an LED to the backside just where the hose attaches. I bet that would look cool at night.
    1995 Black #2127
    Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, MS3/3X, blah blah
    http://www.buildpics.org/

Find the NLOC on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/nloc.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond_B View Post
    Need to find a way to mount an LED to the backside just where the hose attaches. I bet that would look cool at night.
    From the web site it looks like they come with LEDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:

They come with two leds, you get to choose the color. Mount one at each end. I have two reds, just haven't bothered to install them as of yet.

I've thought about changing my coolant to some brand that is red, like FINAL.