-->

Thread: Mass air conversion advise needed

Name: flareside

Mass air conversion advise needed

Was up Gents! just join the page so am pretty sure this subject has been brought up many times of doing the mass air conversion. At the time am doing a 351w on my 92 Flareside the motor was from a lighting I was gonna use the Edelbrock 351w truck intake but decided to use the lighting intake instead. Now the way I was planning of doing the mass air conversion is using a complete harness out from a 95 F250 with 5.8 and E4OD the ECU is a RAN2. some things I notice different from the was the MAP sensor and the TAD plug wasn't on the harness and it has 2 o2 sensors. I guess my question is can I do my conversion with what I already have. this is my first time doing something like this am no pro but I do enjoy the wrenching. any help any advise will be gratefully appreciated.

Resto (Mod) Is Besto
    Name: |

Advice ... donít do it.
    Ď94 # 3907

Name: Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by bumperquip View Post
    Advice ... donít do it.
    Tell him what his other options are Ron.
    White 94 under 10k miles. PiMPxshift, Punisher E4OD, PI Converter, Vortech V3 Si Trim, Snakebite Bracket, Custom ASP Pulleys, SN95 Timing Cover Bassani Exhaust, LFP Long Bars, Copperhead Driveshaft Loop, Custom Rear Gas Tank, Spal Brushless Fan, Polished Stock Wheels, Billet Center Caps, Bedrug, TCE Front Brakes and a MSD TFI Coil.

Name:

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie V View Post
    Hes gonna say to buy a wing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Resto (Mod) Is Besto

Youíre just being pissy.
    Ď94 # 3907

Quote Originally Posted by bumperquip View Post
    Youíre just being pissy.
    No, he is trying to install a motor in a truck that didnít come with that motor he has to wire it up somehow. Youíre telling him not to use the mass air wiring harness so Iím asking what would you do if you were in his shoes.
    White 94 under 10k miles. PiMPxshift, Punisher E4OD, PI Converter, Vortech V3 Si Trim, Snakebite Bracket, Custom ASP Pulleys, SN95 Timing Cover Bassani Exhaust, LFP Long Bars, Copperhead Driveshaft Loop, Custom Rear Gas Tank, Spal Brushless Fan, Polished Stock Wheels, Billet Center Caps, Bedrug, TCE Front Brakes and a MSD TFI Coil.

Resto (Mod) Is Besto

No, he is trying to install a motor in a truck that didnít come with that motor he has to wire it up somehow. Youíre telling him not to use the mass air wiring harness so Iím asking what would you do if you were in his shoes.
    Iím still detecting a pissy tone in your font.
    Ď94 # 3907

You canít just post ďdonít do itĒ and give no other help/options.

Name: Joe Mama

Quote Originally Posted by FLARESIDE92351W View Post
    Was up Gents! just join the page so am pretty sure this subject has been brought up many times of doing the mass air conversion. At the time am doing a 351w on my 92 Flareside the motor was from a lighting I was gonna use the Edelbrock 351w truck intake but decided to use the lighting intake instead. Now the way I was planning of doing the mass air conversion is using a complete harness out from a 95 F250 with 5.8 and E4OD the ECU is a RAN2. some things I notice different from the was the MAP sensor and the TAD plug wasn't on the harness and it has 2 o2 sensors. I guess my question is can I do my conversion with what I already have. this is my first time doing something like this am no pro but I do enjoy the wrenching. any help any advise will be gratefully appreciated.
    You donít need the map sensor with maf and youíll need to convert to dual o2 sensors
    96 F150 357w/e4od daily driver
    12.59 106 all motor full weight 3-26-19
    11.44 116.95 125 shot

Vrrooooooooooom
    Name: Jeff

Don't plug the MAP vacuum line into the intake and it becomes the Baro sensor (if that particular computer uses one).