Resto (Mod) Is Besto
    Name: |

Quote Originally Posted by Slowride View Post
    05s28?
    This one.
    94 # 3907

Nil sine magno labore!
    Name: the other Fred

There were several revisions... make sure you're looking at the latest one... the switch is 05S28S15 and the jumper harness is 08S01S1. They both include the '93s.

Name: Chris

Quote Originally Posted by coopdagook View Post
    I'll have to dig up the paper work, would one of those involve a in line fuse?
    If you can pm me your vin i can check at work tomorrow. I'm a tech at the ford dealer in meridian.

cooper
    Name: john

ordered gaskets to put my intake together, looks like I got the wrong ones though. the intake has a connection piece at the 2 o'clock position and the gaskets are at the 3 and 9 o'clock. any input? I got the part number from the sticky thread. post #2
    http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthre...le+body+gasket
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: adam

You gonna be running coolant through your egr?

"Mr. Happy"
    Name: James

Not sure why Edelbrock 3830 is on the list, the Felpro gaskets listed are the parts you want.

Fel-pro 61081 (blue in color)
    Fel-pro 61082 (gray in color)

The above gaskets are correct if you plan on running coolant through the spacer.
    Native Texan, Retired USAF C-130H/J Crew Chief

1968 Ranchero (289, C4)
    1994 F150 Lightning (351W-R, E4OD)
    2011 F150 SCab (5.0L)

MSD 5505, ACCEL Pro 25 wires, billet loom's, Autolite 764's, Magnaflow's, 2.5" pipes, SS tips, 14* timing, oil cooler delete, StruckBy cables, 130 amp upgrade, alternator case ground wire, JVC HU, Pioneer's, amp, 32% tint, Snubber trick, lowered 1.5"/2", Vortech Airbox Lid, custom S tube, K&N filter, 460 air inlet tube, MK VIII & StruckBy controller, Punisher Street VB, '88 Tail lamps.

cooper

Someone might want to edit that. I am planning on running coolant through it. There is still exhaust running through it even though all the cats and smog are gone. I had thought about tapping the lower intake and plugging the exhaust port but, I'm not sure if I really want to. I do still need coolant through there if exhaust is right?
    tigers tamed,revolutions started,free lance gynecology,uprisings quelled,wars won,exes exterminated,Virgins Converted and Orgies Organized

Name: adam

I believe the eddie # would be for someone not running coolant/gases through the egr spacer or a solid spacer. You need the blue one as listed above. What size gaskets are those? I'll buy em' off you if they are for a 70mm TB?

cooper

Package says 65 / 70 mm throttle body. I did use the egr valve gasket from the kit. Pm me your address and I'll send them to you it you want them. My treat.

Nil sine magno labore!

Quote Originally Posted by coopdagook View Post
    ordered gaskets to put my intake together, looks like I got the wrong ones though. the intake has a connection piece at the 2 o'clock position and the gaskets are at the 3 and 9 o'clock. any input? I got the part number from the sticky thread. post #2
    http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthre...le+body+gasket
    Never paid that close attention to it, but you are correct - the Mustang GT 5.0 gaskets in that Edelbrock kit are similar to, but not the same as the Lightning-unique gaskets. I did a little more research, and here's what I came up with:

TB-to-EGR-spacer (Ford calls it the "EGR Cooler Gasket"):
    --> L-unique part is F2TZ-9E933-A, but is obsolete and no longer available, and I could find no aftermarket supplier listings - the few that say they make one for our trucks are actually the standard 5.8L gaskets for the 2-barrel TB.
    --> The 5.0 GT part is E7AZ-9E933-B and is what the FelPro #70262 and Vic Reinz #G31121 gaskets are based on - they're close, and lots of folks here are using them with no issues.

EGR-spacer-to-plenum (Ford calls it the "EGR Valve Spacer Plate Gasket"):
    --> L-unique part is F2TZ-9E464-A or Motorcraft CG-727 - also NLA.
    --> The 5.0 GT part is E7ZZ-9E464-A or Motorcraft CG-697, which is what the FelPro #72543 and VicReinz #G31118 are based on. Ditto above.

I don't have / couldn't find a pic of the Lightning TB-to-EGR-spacer gasket, but here's one of the EGR-spacer-to-plenum gasket:

Several old posts here say that after discontinuing the L-unique parts, Ford cross-referenced our application to the '96-01 Explorer 5.0L gaskets and the TB-to-EGR-spacer gasket certainly appears to have the 2-o'clock piece that you observed missing from the Edelbrock set:

I'll be updating the parts list, but in the mean time, here are the '96-01 Explorer 5.0L numbers:
    --> TB-to-EGR-spacer: F67Z-9E936-AA, FelPro 61082, Victor Reinz G31579
    --> EGR-spacer-to-plenum: F67Z-9E464-AA, Motorcraft CG-733, FelPro 61081

"Mr. Happy"
    Name: James

Fred,

Thanks for the info and update. Your parts list is top notch and very helpful.

James
    Native Texan, Retired USAF C-130H/J Crew Chief

1968 Ranchero (289, C4)
    1994 F150 Lightning (351W-R, E4OD)
    2011 F150 SCab (5.0L)

MSD 5505, ACCEL Pro 25 wires, billet loom's, Autolite 764's, Magnaflow's, 2.5" pipes, SS tips, 14* timing, oil cooler delete, StruckBy cables, 130 amp upgrade, alternator case ground wire, JVC HU, Pioneer's, amp, 32% tint, Snubber trick, lowered 1.5"/2", Vortech Airbox Lid, custom S tube, K&N filter, 460 air inlet tube, MK VIII & StruckBy controller, Punisher Street VB, '88 Tail lamps.

cooper

No doubt, awesome thread.
    tigers tamed,revolutions started,free lance gynecology,uprisings quelled,wars won,exes exterminated,Virgins Converted and Orgies Organized

cooper

Making a little more progress....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nil sine magno labore!

Looking very Bump-ish!

Resto (Mod) Is Besto
    Name: |

Looks friggin fantastic!

One thing though? ... brake fluid? ... change please.
    94 # 3907

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast