You guys wanna know why Ls don't reconise S-10s or Rams as fast?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
Let's see now.

The widely recognized rule of thumb is 100 lbs = 1 tenth............

Hmmmmmmm, sounds scary!
</font>

Well I guess she weighed half a ton then!

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

I know how that happened.........

You guys have plenty of hawspowr but not enough dynamic lift!

Nice Video!!!! Too bad the wind wasn't blowing a different way.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
I dont guess either one had to wear a helmet, huh? Rod K.
</font>

I would have if I were them. That way when I got out and the spectators starting tossing rocks and stones, I'd be a little less likely to sustain injury.

------------------
2000 Silver L

Or maybe noone would know it was ME! A good reason to have a smoked shield. Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

Guys,Guys! How many time's do I got to tell you. Don't start them all at once. That way the smoke from the exhaust won't be so obvious.. J/K. Great Video

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedRT:

ut-oh, it's on! hehe, BUT i have to get tires... after topeka, now all 4 corners are completely bald... plan on late july, early august? - sooner if you ever go to GLD.
Pete

</font>

I might be going to GLD this saturday, you gonna make an aperance?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: BLoG
There was an s-10 extreme at the track last night that ran a BEST of 19.5@69mph
It got beaten by everything from a stock saturn to a 4 wheeler ATV.

Not trying to flame anyone, i just thought it was funny. He was running 20s at first, but then his girlfriend got out and he was able to break into the 19s.
</font>

LMAO! Make it stop...too...many...jokes...going...to...overload. Dontcha hate it when a guy sets himself up so bad that there are just TOO jokes that come to mind? Anyway, I kind of feel bad for the guy. I bet he had the air conditioner off too. HAHA. I, no doubt, could top that in my mom's '01 V6 Camry. I beat my friend's '99 V6 Mustang in it. HAHAHA...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LightningWX:
I might be going to GLD this saturday, you gonna make an aperance?</font>

probably not, im pretty broke after the topeka thing.... hey, anyone wanna see my girlfriend do the pretzel?? click on "nikki does the pretzel" im also standing to the left.
http://www.chicagolandrtclub.org/natls2001.htm

Pete

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duner:
I guess you're right. Doing a burnout and warming up my tires was all for personal gratification and showing off. Besides, I like cleaning off the rubber build-up on the fenderwells. My 3 tenths improvement in 60' times (between burnout and no burnout) must simply be because the engine was happy about winding up during the burnout and was just showing it's appreciation by going faster during the first 60' of the run.

True, if you over-do the burnout it will turn street tires into grease. But who said anything about overdoing it? My Goodyears liked more burnout than do the Michelin Pilots, but they are not good at all without one. I'm also assuming that we are talking about at a normal sanctioned drag strip. I generally don't do burnouts on the street.
</font>

True, some tires like the burnouts more than others. The stock RSAs didn't like smokey burnouts at the track, just enough to get a lil bit of smoke to roll off, purely for cleaning purposes. But now the new Nittos, they like ya to burn em for a good while. Warmin' these babies up usually results in 1.9-2.0 60 fts.

Geez guys, that showing off to girls thing was a joke! I've never done it actually. The one time I remember girls being around and I did a burnout (Not a smokey one, really just a lil chirp) they thought it was waaaaaaaay juvenile. And I didn't even mean to do it. LOL. Oh well.
smile.gif

Hey Duner, check this out, I think I need a rollpan now.........

y_77962609.jpg

------------------

Oh yeah, some S10s are faster than they look......

y_77962878.jpg

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 06-22-2001).]

Yeah, that aint no $hit!! Pete...man...you better start lookin for another chick!!!
wink.gif

Shane

shaun_rt2.jpg
rolleyes.gif

RedRT you ever go to the real street drags at GLD? Some guys have been pushing people to go to it. If you've gone did you like it or are you not into that kind of stuff. I think your gonna want to pass on that rematch now, eventualy you'll see why.

Its good to see that shaun's plates still make the rounds! He's thinkin about buying an L you know?

------------------
1999 Lightning(White) #2373
Trico Wiper Blades(awesome mod)
12.88 @ 104.5(Last Season)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Super Zor:
Its good to see that shaun's plates still make the rounds! He's thinkin about buying an L you know?

</font>

Didn't know how over used that was, just threw it in there after checking out petes link to the chicago land R/T club. I don't care who puts what on plates, personaly I wouldn't put somehting "contravisial" on mine, but if it was me I'd make sure I can back it up
wink.gif

man that plate is loud....YIKES.... i too wuldnt do it buttt to each his own...shaun yu must see alot of action
biggrin.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

Shaun is a cool dude..and his truck can back it up. I never got a chance to see his new silver one in person cause I moved. Maybe someone needs...8 UR RT???

------------------
1999 Lightning(White) #2373
Trico Wiper Blades(awesome mod)
12.88 @ 104.5(Last Season)

Ricj, it jst doesn't have the same snazzy ring to it as 8 UR SVT.
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaPurpleR/T:
Ricj, it jst doesn't have the same snazzy ring to it as 8 UR SVT.
biggrin.gif
</font>

Maybe.....at least it's not a delusional statement like 8 ur svt.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

Back