You guys wanna know why Ls don't reconise S-10s or Rams as fast?

L

LightningWX

Well were are the fast ones? The etreme guy never hesitates to point out that there are S-10s in the 10s, but are they street trucks. I would love to get beat by a ram s-10 or R/T it would be a nice change from the camaros and cobras. I go all over to different cruse spots or hangouts, I am often the only truck there. I can sit here and say I have never been beaten by a S-10 or Ram and the only R/T that beat me was RedRT/pete and I'm looking for a rematch
biggrin.gif

its because rams and s-10s arent supposed to be fast, they arent classified as sport or performance trucks, so nobody expects them to be built into one. sy/tys, R/Ts and Ls are performance trucks, a 18 second sy/ty would get laughed at, same goes for lightnings and R/Ts

you see an 18 second ram or s-10 and you think nothing of it because thats expected and normal. to me the extremes are nothing but body clad trucks, the only reason they run half way decent (mid 15s) is because they are lightweight and have a decent motor. i still wouldnt call them a performance truck though

Well, technically the Indy Ram 'n Ram SS/T are classified as Sport Trucks. 'N there's a really fast Indy Ram on here right now.
smile.gif

WX, what's your best run so far?? mine was a 14.7 at byron.
Pete

Because typically they arn't!!!!! I mean for the most part are you going to bat an eye at a stock looking truck! No! I'm sorry but the extremes really don't impress me! Their is a reg cab that races here every Thursday night and he goes 16.80's!!

Shane

Same reason why I wont run a Lamborgini Diablo V-12 AWD.. nothing to be gained by it.

Same reason why I dont do smokey burnouts, nothing to be gained by it.

Same reason why I dont smoke crack and post false ET's, nothing to be gained by it.(you all liked that last one didnt you?)

Gotta love that Crack Pipe Adam posted... hilarious......JJ

------------------
01 white lightning, JDM flip chip that is the shiznit!!! 2000 Civic Si, vortech, killer stereo, screaming little bitch.
2000 Suzuki RM125. slings mud every weekend.
85 toyota tercel
3 Beagles,My boyz, Pokey, Nitro, and Slinger JJ's Whitelightning

My new albums

Im glad we do have 1 fast Ram here. Its only 1 but it shows that with enough hotrodding they can be made semi fast. Plus its a good lookin truck.
The R/Ts are a few more in numbers (10-15) on this page and there are a several of them in the 13s and thats respectable for on the motor.
The Xtremes are just plain SLOW! Someone brought up one thats truly fast and another in the low 14s. Not what I call a screamer. I dont think when left in street trim one could run 12s, could it? Just my opinion, Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

First off, there is a point in doing a smokey burnout, one is to show off to girls, and two is because it's FUN!

Second, Rod, you're truck is flyin' for bein NA. Props to ya. What ya got on it? I'm interested as I'm trying to hit 13s NA right now too, and like hearing how other R/T and Gen 1 owners get there.

-Ryan

[This message has been edited by DaPurpleR/T (edited 06-19-2001).]

If your taking about in the box it's to warm the tires up. Sorry R/T I dont need my truck to pick up chicks. Must be a Lightning thing, you wouldn't understand.

------------------
It will strike twice.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NateLightning:
If your taking about in the box it's to warm the tires up. Sorry R/T I dont need my truck to pick up chicks. Must be a Lightning thing, you wouldn't understand.
</font>
Warm what tires up? Not street tires I hope. Can't really do it, just clean them off. Tires are measured by their ability to dissipate heat, which is why a pre burnout is almost useless unless you got drags or slicks.

------------------
2000 Silver L

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedRT:
WX, what's your best run so far?? mine was a 14.7 at byron.
Pete

</font>

Same time same place(14.7@byron), gonna all come down to the driver
biggrin.gif

Do a burn out then get out of your truck go back and put a hand on your tire then try telling me you can't warm up street tires.

------------------
It will strike twice.

Wow....showing off to girls by doing smokey burnouts. How juvenile. Also, if these girls are impressed by a smokey burnout, that's pretty sad.

Nate, it does no good. They just get greasy, not sticky. They're not designed to get hot and stick better.

I guess you're right. Doing a burnout and warming up my tires was all for personal gratification and showing off. Besides, I like cleaning off the rubber build-up on the fenderwells. My 3 tenths improvement in 60' times (between burnout and no burnout) must simply be because the engine was happy about winding up during the burnout and was just showing it's appreciation by going faster during the first 60' of the run.

True, if you over-do the burnout it will turn street tires into grease. But who said anything about overdoing it? My Goodyears liked more burnout than do the Michelin Pilots, but they are not good at all without one. I'm also assuming that we are talking about at a normal sanctioned drag strip. I generally don't do burnouts on the street.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LightningWX:
Same time same place(14.7@byron), gonna all come down to the driver
biggrin.gif
</font>

ut-oh, it's on! hehe, BUT i have to get tires... after topeka, now all 4 corners are completely bald... plan on late july, early august? - sooner if you ever go to GLD.
Pete

There was an s-10 extreme at the track last night that ran a BEST of 19.5@69mph

It got beaten by everything from a stock saturn to a 4 wheeler ATV.

Not trying to flame anyone, i just thought it was funny. He was running 20s at first, but then his girlfriend got out and he was able to break into the 19s.

I dont guess either one had to wear a helmet, huh? Rod K.

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
98 SVT Contour E1 #5782

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BLoG:
He was running 20s at first, but then his girlfriend got out and he was able to break into the 19s. </font>

MAN! Dropped a whole sec by dumping his g/f? Anyone wanna guess what she weighed? LOL

Let's see now.

The widely recognized rule of thumb is 100 lbs = 1 tenth............

Hmmmmmmm, sounds scary!

Back