WS6 gets a scare

J

JBLsilver01

This happened about 2 months ago when my truck was just starting to break in, and its been my best race yet...so I have to share -

Goin through Tomball (Northwest houston), minding my own business in my new 01 L, a dark orange T/A WS6 pulls right up beside me and gives me a rev...I've had no experience with 'em, but I'm very interested. We go down a few lights till its wide-open, 65 mph speed limit, and stop at a light. I look over and we give each other "the nod"...

Light green, spin tires about 7', have at least a car on him until about 90, and he starts finally pulling on me at about 100. There was a car in his lane so I didn't want to make him slam his brakes or into me, so I shut 'er down. He slowed down and went into the turn lane, I'm not sure wether he wanted me to stop or not, or wether he was just waving...but I gave him a big thumbs up. It was my first race in the L and I was totally blown away with it's performance. It had about 1400 miles on her then and it has much more power now (almost 3000 miles now) that its broken in. In fact, then I was getting 9/10 on the boost gauge then and now I'm getting well in the black (more like 11)- completely stock except for a Magnaflow.

It was really fun and I thought I'd tell my first story in the WAR ZONE lol

------------------
Silver 01
bedrug&snuglid
JL Audio system
picture album
icon3.jpg

She or He aint never gonna be completly stock again!!!!!!!

------------------
2001 WHITE LIGHTNING
JDM filter
DIABLO chip
BASSANI

I LOVE IT! Has anyone heard of the NASCAR edition T/A? It might be a Indy or Daytona edition, I guess it didn't make that big of an impression on me. Anyway, an aquaintance of mine has one and he says it's really fast. I sure would like to burst his bubble. Of course the '01 L is faster than my '00 L, but if you've heard anything about them let me know. Even if he pulled me at 90 or 100 I'm still in a truck and he's the "builder of excitement!"

------------------
'00 White Lightning
no mods
5636824.jpg

Good "kill", those L's sure can run if it holds off a LS1 to 100.

FYI, the "NASCAR" or "NHRA" edition T/As are just decals, no performance equip over that of a T/A or WS6. A Hawk or SS w/ Y2Y SLP options is the only way to "one-up" a WS6 (other than mods obviously). Of course, Dr. Johnny L can fix up your LS1 too.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Black '99 CC R/T - Shaker, Powerslots, Accel

Black '98 WS6 Ragtop 6M -Speedster-Tonneau, Pro 5.0, custom sub, ....
Red/Blk '68 Cutlass S
'Cmon SVT! Make an Ext. Cab Lightning before I do something stupid like get married again!

[This message has been edited by JohnnyBzCCRT (edited 06-29-2001).]

Back