Wow

You can actually get it done to a base model regular cab pickup. Talk about a sleeper...

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I wish they would skip the e locker and put in a real diff like a TruTrac or something similar. Getting the e locker is one of my regrets on my new truck. What a waste.

making power these days is too easy. These simple combos make crazy power with stock like drivability.

I don’t even have to click the link to know what it is.. Talked to them a couple months ago, and I’m planning on buying one in the spring.. I figured a 2024 would be a good 30 year throwback to my 94..

I plan on making it a new version of my 94, do a 3/5 drop, big and littles, some paint work, and some Lightning decals.. It’d be great to find some originals to put on it..

Last edited:
Although the newer stuff has impressive comfort, performance and tech it just doesn’t have soul. The cool thing is hot rodding is still going strong.

I was recently talking to some buddies about vehicles and car shows, and how I'm more likely to take one of my trucks than my shiny, newish, high dollar sports coupe - I like the story that comes with the old stuff, and typically the guys I like to chat with are more into the warts and scars and history than the wow factor.

Now don't take that to mean that I don't like to take the performance car out and hammer it relentlessly. It definitely gets my heart racing and I have to remind myself to loosen my grip on the wheel sometimes. I'd never drive my trucks that way - I'd end up shiny side down in a ditch if I did. But those drives are simply for my personal need-for-speed gratification.

So, I could definitely see one of these things as my daily driver... And then I realize I'd probably kill myself in it, and so I'll stick to my rumbly ol' truck.

BTW, that's not specific to that dealership. Here's the article I read about it a while back. I like the references to the Lightning. All the Lightning Love in the comments is fun to read, too.
https://www.theautopian.com/ford-will-now-sell-you-a-basic-work-truck-f-150-with-a-700-horsepower-v8-and-a-warranty/

Last edited:
It's not specific to them, not is it a new idea. These trucks have been out there for several years from a variety of dealerships.

Back