WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

The MPG will read low when accelerating. What is your average (in the menu)?

alpinelightning said:
got my new gauge i love it heres two questions how many dtc codes do you get when reading the codes what do they mean? I have 3 codes I know the predator will spring a few with a tune but just making sure it is ok and also what about mpg mine was reading like 4 mpg today at 60 mph no way this is right than when i would cost it went to 11 mpg.
here is my mod list
4lb pulley
ftvb
jlp intake
egr delete
predator tune by sal

Justin

harley#356 said:
ah welcome back Lew!

still got my gauge ready to ship out whenever you say the word! :tu:

I am placing the custom order tomorrow. Hang on to the one you have until I find a deserving home for it.

Lew

Mastertvtech said:
The MPG will read low when accelerating. What is your average (in the menu)?

not as good as when i take long drives. seems to read low. at 70 mph, on trips i have gotton about 17 mpg, this showed about 14.5

The HP adjustment will have a significant effect on the MPG. Have you adjusted your HP yet? Mine is right on the money versus manual calculation at the pump.

gunman said:
not as good as when i take long drives. seems to read low. at 70 mph, on trips i have gotton about 17 mpg, this showed about 14.5

harley#356 said:
Lew...shipped that gauge out the other day. any rough ideas when my new one should be coming in? :tu:

Email Sent....

One request....Take a pic of the gauge....I forgot my camera and don't want to hold it up.

Lew

For a senior-design project I made an engine data logger. For a boosted application, I used this pressure sensor:
"INTEGRATED PRESSURE SENSOR 20 to 250 kPa (2.9 to 36.3 psi) 0.2 to 4.9 V OUTPUT"

The sensor needs a 5V signal (like your TPS). To convert the 11-14VDC to a regulated 5 VDC power I used the info on this page:
http://wbo2.com/2a0/2power.gif

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can get this up and running quickly. I picked up all the parts I needed from DigiKey or RadioShack. This will allow you guys to monitor boost pressure. The PDF if the sensor includes the function to convert from voltage to pressure as well. This is something that is not easy to find for GM MAP sensors. Anyone running boost in excess of 22psi will have to use a sensor that reads higher. I will look into one as soon as I have a chance. Hope this helps!

That's great news! I never got around to editing and posting the sensor install done by a fellow NLOC member. There isn't much markup on the boost sensor kits, so I am glad there is a "do it yourself way" to make it work.

Lew

Mikes04L said:
For a senior-design project I made an engine data logger. For a boosted application, I used this pressure sensor:
"INTEGRATED PRESSURE SENSOR 20 to 250 kPa (2.9 to 36.3 psi) 0.2 to 4.9 V OUTPUT"

The sensor needs a 5V signal (like your TPS). To convert the 11-14VDC to a regulated 5 VDC power I used the info on this page:
http://wbo2.com/2a0/2power.gif

If you are handy with a soldering iron you can get this up and running quickly. I picked up all the parts I needed from DigiKey or RadioShack. This will allow you guys to monitor boost pressure. The PDF if the sensor includes the function to convert from voltage to pressure as well. This is something that is not easy to find for GM MAP sensors. Anyone running boost in excess of 22psi will have to use a sensor that reads higher. I will look into one as soon as I have a chance. Hope this helps!

Mastertvtech said:
Email Sent....

One request....Take a pic of the gauge....I forgot my camera and don't want to hold it up.

Lew

of course! once i get it and install it i'll definately snap some pics up!

Lew,
As far as the data-logging goes, can you input the transfer function to make the voltage read as pressure? Worst case, if you can output to Excel, you can do it easily. I cheated and used MatLab for my project.

Well I have bad news. The displays we use are on backorder for at least 4-6 weeks! We are pretty much sold out of all gauges. We didn't see this coming. I have just a handful of gauges left for now.

I will post when we have units available.

wow lew they sure did go like hotcakes, I dont know how i could survive without this new gauge after having it for the short time I wouldnt be able to sleep at night without it there.

Now that's an endorsement!

I just sold the first dual setup today and learned about the parts shortage. I was just about to run with the F-150, Expy, and Explorer too.

Pitstain said:
wow lew they sure did go like hotcakes, I dont know how i could survive without this new gauge after having it for the short time I wouldnt be able to sleep at night without it there.

Back