WOW! Is all I can say about the new OBD2 Multifunction gauge

Mastertvtech said:
I will have a couple of silver faced gauges next week. I think the silver will match the stock gauges better than white. White could be done, but at the moment it would cost an additional $12. SIlver will be a stock color with green. If you want to swap it out no problem. I will get a picture when I receive them.

:pat: ahhh! i didnt know there'd be silver! lol all 6 of my S-W gauges are silver faced! although my innovate wideband is black faced on the column...but comes with an interchangeable face to change the color. hmm....go all silver...or go all silver on the needle gauges and all black on the digital gauges :?
any chance of getting silver/chrome bezels? this will be the only of the 8 gauges with a black bezel :hh:

and how the heck did you get yours before me ilaybrk! lol

harley#356 said:
:pat: ahhh! i didnt know there'd be silver! lol all 6 of my S-W gauges are silver faced! although my innovate wideband is black faced on the column...but comes with an interchangeable face to change the color. hmm....go all silver...or go all silver on the needle gauges and all black on the digital gauges :?
any chance of getting silver/chrome bezels? this will be the only of the 8 gauges with a black bezel :hh:

and how the heck did you get yours before me ilaybrk! lol

Once I have taken care of the waiting list I can try to get that combo for you.

should i mail back my blackface/black bezel one when it comes in then :? or i can mail it to somebody on the waiting list thats paid rather than playing musical shipping?
i've got no problem waiting a few weeks for a silver face silver/chrome bezel version if thats possible :tu:

harley#356 said:
should i mail back my blackface/black bezel one when it comes in then :? or i can mail it to somebody on the waiting list thats paid rather than playing musical shipping?
i've got no problem waiting a few weeks for a silver face silver/chrome bezel version if thats possible :tu:

Sounds like a great idea. I will tell you where to ship it. Send me an email please so that I will remeber which gauge you want.

for all of you that are waiting for a gauge pod before testing, just duct tape it to your wrist! it will just look like a large watch to a cop!

LEW, i sent you a pm & an e-mail about the gauge.

Finally got around to installing mine and snapping some pics. I decided to break out the dremel, and install it in the trim piece that goes around the top of the steering column. It's a snap to remove, literally. I used a 2" hole cutter and a drill. I wouldn't recommend using a 2 1/4" hole saw. But the time I used the 2" hole saw, and polished out the edges with the dremel and a polishing bit, it was the perfect size for the gauge to pop in there (with just a little force) and hold tight without needing the back brace. It fits so tight, I can barelly twist the gauge to level it out if it was a little crooked.

I also needed to do a little "clearancing" on a plastic bracket in the dash behind the trim piecs, just a quarter inch or so. If you don't like cutting on your car, this location is not for you. But I think it worked out pretty good. Mounted in this location, the black face w/black trim ring on black dash looks like a good match.

Gauge functions perfectly. I'm hoping some people post up directions on using the analog inputs. I've got an EGT Phantom gauge and sensore, but if I can wire up the sensor to this, I won't have to buy a gauge pod buy more Phantom gauges to fill it up.

So far, so good, I like it!

Lew

Got my gauge this week, it looks great. My L is in storage until this May but I wanted to try it out so I hooked it up to my 04 Crown Vic. I realize some of the parameters wont work but I wanted to see the gauge in action. One question I do have is are there supposed to be an IAT 1 and IAT 2 air temp? I see an Intake Air but no IAT 1 or IAT 2. Here is the list of what my gauge is displaying.

Intake Air
Coolant
Trans Temp
RPM
TRK to Trans
MAF 1b/m
MAF counts
Manifold PSI
Barometer
Throttle Pct
Throttle Volts
Fuel Pressure
Fuel Level PCT
Miles per hour
Ignition Adv
Pulse Width
Injector Duty
Short Trim B1
Short Trim B2
Long Trim B1
Long Trim B2
02 Voltage B1
02 Voltage B2
Battery
Engine Load
MPG
HP
Analog 1
Analog 2

I feel like a kid the day before Christmas........... I CAN'T WAIT TILL MINE ARRIVES!!!!!!!!! HURRY UP ALREADY!!!!

monsterpost said:
Lew

Got my gauge this week, it looks great. My L is in storage until this May but I wanted to try it out so I hooked it up to my 04 Crown Vic. I realize some of the parameters wont work but I wanted to see the gauge in action. One question I do have is are there supposed to be an IAT 1 and IAT 2 air temp? I see an Intake Air but no IAT 1 or IAT 2.

I suspect there's no IAT2, as there's no supercharger/intercooler at work in the CV.

PS - this is good news (for me). Once I get mine, I plan on playing with my gauge in the Marauder, until the Lightning comes out of hibernation (probably another 2 weeks)...

Well I got to play with my gauge for a little bit and boy is it sweet!

worked too good though, my tranny temp was disturbing....

THANK YOU LEW !!!

here is some info i did on the way home one morning:
this morning on the way home, outside air temp=48, ic water temp =48, iat1 about 50, iat2=98 this is at 70mph after jumping on the freeway. 2 minutes of driving. when you slow down, taking foot off the gas pedal, iat2 went up 5 degrees! this info is from lew's gauge & my autometer dual channel temp gauge. i have a 4 lb pulley, headers, cats, exhaust, large intercooler reservoir, fluidyne heat exchanger, torque convertor,valve body, open element air filter,c&l intake, single blade throttle body. street tune. has anyone checked this out so i can verify that my iat2 is correct. also, i am measuring the intercooler water temp as i goes back into the jlp reservoir.

got my new gauge i love it heres two questions how many dtc codes do you get when reading the codes what do they mean? I have 3 codes I know the predator will spring a few with a tune but just making sure it is ok and also what about mpg mine was reading like 4 mpg today at 60 mph no way this is right than when i would cost it went to 11 mpg.
here is my mod list
4lb pulley
ftvb
jlp intake
egr delete
predator tune by sal

Justin

The PCM will typcially respond with either "no faults found" of a P0000 if there are no DTC's. If you have a code, you will typically get that code plus two P0000 codes. The P0000 code basically means that the request was received and the system is alive and active.

Todd

Back