WIW. 2000 red lightning

Kidsixpack

I’m not too familiar with the second gen trucks. What’s a fair price for a really clean one owner red 2000?
100% stock with 58,000 miles.
Thanks
KID

What is the asking price? The thing is, since you are not familiar, you should have someone who is at least look it over for you. Pure stockers aren't that common, I mean 18 years and nothing was changed or broken. Any more detail or pictures would help from our perspective. Car fax as well.

I actually know the owner (elderly) and it’s a near perfect truck. No pics. He’s asking me to make an offer. I want a deal but I want to be fair.
I’m pretty sure only the tires/battery have been changed. Just need a ballpark.
KID

It does look sweet. If it were mine, would not take a dime shy of $20,000. The KBB says 14,800 to 17,800. Understanding that really clean unfettered Lightnings are a rarity, you could expect him to ask more.

When I bought my 36K(at the time) 03L in 2015 I paid 19.5k.

It had all the bolt on’s (lt’s,tb,k&n, full exhaust,chipped.) NH trk that was garaged oct to apr.

Id say 15 -18 would be fair. However its all relative to what HE will sell for and what YOU will pay.

GL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In 2009, when I bought my 2004 white Lightning, I paid just over 20K for it. That was really close to KBB at the time, so I paid it no complaints. It had 34,000 + miles at the time. Now nine years later, it is just shy of 67,000. When I bought it, it was mostly stock but did have a Bedrug and a hard bed cover.

Yeah, with 58,000 miles those tires would've been changed for sure. Battery, maybe. I had charging problems in 2014. Replaced the battery and it didn't fix the problem. Was the alternator. I kept the new battery anyways as the original was 10 years old at the time. Anyway, the stock tires would've been Goodyear Eagle F-1's. Those are not available anymore, so if the tires aren't what I said, then they are new. Them Eagles were doing good to make 35,000 miles.

Back