Wiring in AC for idle up and WOT cut off

ASAP

Fore!
Talking with Stinger Performance, I’m using pin 24 (table switching)to tell the Pimp when the ac turns on via turning the positive signal into a negative with a relay per conversation with Jamie V.

How does the Pimp cut the AC off at WOT? Or is that controlled by something else in the system? I see options for it in the idle menu but wondering if it’s needed and if so, what needs to be done to make it work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you can because it is a separate system in the truck that is not controlled by the factory computer.

I do not know all the I/O of the Stinger setup, but if there's enough you could certainly use the A/C cut. This is what I was planning.

AC and Cooling Fan Relay Layout V3.jpg

I don’t think you can because it is a separate system in the truck that is not controlled by the factory computer.

What’s it controlled by Jamie? I’m not sure that mine is not cutting off as intended, just assuming.

I do not know all the I/O of the Stinger setup, but if there's enough you could certainly use the A/C cut. This is what I was planning.

View attachment 40016

Thanks Ray! I’m not sure the Pimp has an ac cut. May have on the expansion harness(don’t have one) but don’t see a pin they have set for it.

What’s it controlled by Jamie? I’m not sure that mine is not cutting off as intended, just assuming.

It’s controlled by the knob on your dash…..

Is this a trick question?

Thanks Ray! I’m not sure the Pimp has an ac cut. May have on the expansion harness(don’t have one) but don’t see a pin they have set for it.

Those are just pin names that I made up in my drawing. What you are looking for is an extra pin that is ground switched. But if you do not have the expansion harness you might not have anything available.

Those are just pin names that I made up in my drawing. What you are looking for is an extra pin that is ground switched. But if you do not have the expansion harness you might not have anything available.

Due to using boost control in the future, the table switching pin(24) is the only input I have in the 60 pin that can be used and I’m using for ac input. I may end up having to buy an expansion harness. I know I’ll eventually be using more of it if I do.

Unrelated to this conversation, but in the above schematic you shared. What was the purpose for running the 3rd relay on the dual fan set up. I’m thinking to give the option to cut them both on or just use one. I’m currently running 2 relays, 1 for ac/aux and 1 with temp sensor. I’ll be using the Pimp for fan control as well and would love to be able to open up more options. To not muddy the thread, can you PM me the info please?

Back