Windage tray/ oil pan

Hey johnny, have you done any work with the windage tray mod? I have a windage tray but need a deeper oil pan to install it. Do you carry anything like this? Have you ever dyno'd this mod? Do you think it would require a chip reburn?

------------------
99 Red Lightning--Fog light ram air, JL Filter Kit, 90mm MAF, 2# (street) 5# (track) Lower pulley, 2500 Stall Torque converter, Diablo Chip, Aloy Driveshaft, 4.10 gears, NOS Wet Shot, JDM Oil breather, 01 Intake and IC, canton windage tray, JL Power cooler.
Soon to come--Long tube headders, Forged rods/pistons/crank, cam regrind, port & polish...

71' Plymouth Duster 340. Too many mods to list. Best time 11.60.

No i havn't done anything like that i heard of guys trying to do it only to find out it was a very tedious task! i don't know if they got any gains to talk about i just heard alot of complaining due to problems with fitting things up correctly. JL

I have done some research on this. I decided against it.

I don't think our trucks rev high enough to benefitt from a windage tray.

I guess it would depend on how high of rpm's your talking. but remember these are a long rod motor and don't like the High rpm's. i would shoot for as much TORQUE as i could to get the most out of these engines to move these heavy trucks! JMHO JL

Back