Wild Wednesday

Spray a dry 50 shot on there lean it right up lol. But nice passes your truck definitely has more in it.
Very tempted to add spray back on there but not sure how as far as making it work and be safe? I'm guessing id need a ignition control box or have a tune in the Tweecer that pulls timing when spraying? I'm really not sure. I still have all my nitrous stuff (Zex wet kit) and 2 full bottles ready for action if I decide to. Really just holding on to it for another future project. I know what you mean by adding the 50 dry shot! Probably would work!

I still have my nitrous close by too. 50-75 out of the hole would make these heavy suckers really scoot. The 100 wet shot on mine felt like it left hard even with a stock converter. Wish I would have taken it too the track like that before putting on the blower.

If you are seen proper boost with the powerdyne then it's all in the timing from there even with the rich a/f. Get truck down to about 1/4 tank then put about 4 gallons of race gas in there. Crank timing up to 14-16 degrees and go run 8.7's

I gotta pass, I don't really want to scatter that poor transmission. It's already working way, way above it's pay grade.

If you are seen proper boost with the powerdyne then it's all in the timing from there even with the rich a/f. Get truck down to about 1/4 tank then put about 4 gallons of race gas in there. Crank timing up to 14-16 degrees and go run 8.7's

I see. I wasn't sven thinkin about that really. So by advancing my timing a little my AFR will go up slightly and lean itself out some? I had exactly a 1/4 tank last night 50/50 mix of 93/110. I am running 10* now with no BTM or ignition device. I do have a MSD street fire coil and run colder plugs NGK tr6 with slightly closed gaps. I will try it and see. Unfortunately my local track is now closed. However there us another track north of here I may check out.

Come far south Shaun, my track is still going. I'm running 14* with a retard box. We can impress the locals with a couple old Lightnings.

George that's very tempting. Hopefully we'll meet up sometime. The truck race in Hardinsburg KY in April would be cool. I'm actually looking at buying a BTM ignition box with adjuster knob like you have too.

You guys need to stop talking about adding spray. Makes me think. I could trade in my 3200 converter go back to a 26-2800 and still 60' low 1.6 or 5's like I did on spray and the truck would drive better. Maybe wait for the iron eagle motor to go in for that. I could see another goes BOOM may happen.

Nitrous is soooo much fun. On the street just a hit here or there was fun. Made some people probably say... "wtf"? lol.

I see. I wasn't sven thinkin about that really. So by advancing my timing a little my AFR will go up slightly and lean itself out some? I had exactly a 1/4 tank last night 50/50 mix of 93/110. I am running 10* now with no BTM or ignition device. I do have a MSD street fire coil and run colder plugs NGK tr6 with slightly closed gaps. I will try it and see. Unfortunately my local track is now closed. However there us another track north of here I may check out.

It won't lean it out but it will pick up some decent power. Should go 8's with more timing

With 110 in there, it'll definitely take more timing, and it leaves a LOT better at 14 deg than at 10. Remember the story I told you about twisting on the distributor but forgetting to turn up the boost retard to match? That's why I was twisting the distributor at the track, to get it to 60'.

Just to add about timing at the track for a sixty foot time. When I was playing with Dennis's tunes when he ran his 10.78, I'm thinking we had a ton of timing in it, he was staging against the convertor with 32-33 degrees of advance total running C16, course we quickly took it away by the time it was starting to make boost. It was a crazy curve, but it worked. That truck was a sixty foot monster.

Just to add about timing at the track for a sixty foot time. When I was playing with Dennis's tunes when he ran his 10.78, I'm thinking we had a ton of timing in it, he was staging against the convertor with 32-33 degrees of advance total running C16, course we quickly took it away by the time it was starting to make boost. It was a crazy curve, but it worked. That truck was a sixty foot monster.

That's the key Steve

With 110 in there, it'll definitely take more timing, and it leaves a LOT better at 14 deg than at 10. Remember the story I told you about twisting on the distributor but forgetting to turn up the boost retard to match? That's why I was twisting the distributor at the track, to get it to 60'.
I gotcha ya now. So I have been leaving some on the table and I could have obtained my 13.9 goal. I wish there were a few more runs still. However I'm taking tiday off and going fishing of coarse Im taking my truck!

Back