Wild Wednesday

Good thing about the little PD is that it doesn't hardly slip at all as long as the belt is pretty tight. Would be more worried about over spinning it than flexing the bracket with that blower. It is the most beefy bracket that was mass produced for our trucks.

My turd looks kind of funny with the drag radials from my BMWs and the stockers. :embar: For those that don't know, this is how it normally looks -
blazer3.jpg

Nooooo, just a junkyard pullout 5.3 truck motor with a baby cam and supporting hardware - I got $1500 in the motor including the cost of the motor, tuning hardware and front accessories. 13.20s so far. Boost is coming. ;) I'm trying to do a budget build on this thing. Goal is ~600 to the wheels, which is pretty easy these days.

Last run of the year. I got 2 runs in.
1) 14.13 w/2.0 60ft @95mph
2) 14.14 w/2.2 60ft @96mph.

Both are my new bests. I'm shooting for 13's and I'm soooo close. I have a Efan setup now to install, working on getting some Mickeys still and learn about the Tweecer. My AFR was 10.8 on the last pass so I think leaning it some may help.

Last run of the year. I got 2 runs in.
1) 14.13 w/2.0 60ft @95mph
2) 14.14 w/2.2 60ft @96mph.

Both are my new bests. I'm shooting for 13's and I'm soooo close. I have a Efan setup now to install, working on getting some Mickeys still and learn about the Tweecer. My AFR was 10.8 on the last pass so I think leaning it some may help.

Which Tweecer you using base or RT?

I have a base Tweecer. I haven't figured out how to make it work on my computer.... Yet, one day I'll have some more time to sit and do some reading... Computer basics 101 is where I need to start.

Change the disc in the FMU to a numerically lower ratio first, then fine tune it with the Tweecer. The lower ratio will reduce the load on the fuel system components and get you a leaner A:F.

I can help you out on the Tweecer, too. I'm definitely no Steve Stock when it comes to those things, but I can help you get started.

Steve thanks buddy I know you will. I didn't want to give in without a little more reading and effort on my part.
I'll get with you here soon.

Jeff I thought about changing the disc but may just see about ditching the FMU all together?

I feel good knowing you guys will help me out if I need it. Thanks

I'm looking forward to getting to Kentucky to the truck shootout April that Marcus Harrison is putting on. Would like to get into 8.8sec or better 1/8 range. I was 9.01 last night.

You'll need bigger injectors if you want to lose the FMU, which will take a more in-depth tuning effort. All doable, just a heads-up that there's a lot more effort in losing the FMU than tweaking it.

Shaun, I am having the same rich problem too. I changed my disk to a 10 to 1. I was in the process of testing it when the trans blew. It looked like it did help a bit.

You'll need bigger injectors if you want to lose the FMU, which will take a more in-depth tuning effort. All doable, just a heads-up that there's a lot more effort in losing the FMU than tweaking it.

Some 30lbrs are in my future. In the mean time I may just try the 10:1 disk for now and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Shaun, I am having the same rich problem too. I changed my disk to a 10 to 1. I was in the process of testing it when the trans blew. It looked like it did help a bit.

Good to know thanks man will give it a try

Back