Wild Wednesday

That's what I'm talking about! which pulley set up? Could I just try a smaller blower pulley? Or do you think the crank pulley would be better to get a bigger one? I really do want to crack into the 13's. I currently have 6.5" crank and I believe either the 3" or the 3.15" blower pulley iirc?. Would a 2.87" make much difference?
Thanks
Shaun D

I think my lower is 7.5 or 8.0 I would have to measure again, my upper is 3.25 It was pulling 5lbs. until a quick run to the store today. A loose belt and a spinning fan blade, bad combination. I had to change to a smaller water pump pulley with the larger lower pulley. Also my lower is a one piece.

My lower pulley is a identical stock crank pulley with a adapter to install it. I'm thinkin about getting the 2.87" upper and trying to get another 1lb or 2 of boost. I have a Bosch bypass valve I'm thinkin about installing and Im gonna start looking into a Crane ignition box. But overall I'm pretty happy I like simple and I feel my truck is definetly that. It will get faster with time.

I'd stick with the 3.15 upper and look for an 8" renegade lower. You'll play heck with belt slip with the 2.8 upper.

I'd stick with the 3.15 upper and look for an 8" renegade lower. You'll play heck with belt slip with the 2.8 upper.
I look into the Renegade pulley. was hoping to try the 2.87" just to see. With my little 6.5" I figured belt slip wouldn't be a problem but idk? I'm still learning. Thanks man

Shaun D

I did the 1/8" mile in 9.1sec all 3 times Wednesday. 60ft was 2.09. I think I'm gonna try a smaller blower pulley for a extra 1lb or 2 of boost. If it slips I guess I'll just put the old one back on. My horespower calculater says I'm around 306hp. Lol.
Thanks
Shaun D

Ran a 14.2 @95mph tonight. Man my truck is slow, lol! When I got home i saw that I recieved my new 2.87" blower pulley. Gonna get it installed in next few days and I need to figure out the best way to install my Bosch bypass valve. Still trying for a 13.999999.

Later,
Shaun D

If you have the plastic discharge pipe then people used to drill a really snug hole for the bypass and then seal it with jb weld.

Ran a 14.2 @95mph tonight. Man my truck is slow, lol! When I got home i saw that I recieved my new 2.87" blower pulley. Gonna get it installed in next few days and I need to figure out the best way to install my Bosch bypass valve. Still trying for a 13.999999.

Later,
Shaun D

I put an ill advised gatorback belt on mine a couple days ago, Holy shzit!! 7lbs of boost!!! So either I've never had the belt tight or the gatorback is one magical belt. I think you will like the new pulley. And by the way 14.2 is better than 14.3 Remember it's Progress not perfection.

George that's great. I got 2 new gatorbacks ready to install. Im ok with my 14.2, for now, it's still way better than my 15.3 stock times I used to have. Also I had a buddy tighten my tensioner while I held it tight. It's hardto do by your self

Later
Shaun D

- - - Updated - - -

If you have the plastic discharge pipe then people used to drill a really snug hole for the bypass and then seal it with jb weld.

I do have the plastic one. I bought aquarium bulkhead fittings but it's a little to big and idk if I can use it or not? I may try to drill tight hole and do that.

Thanks,
Shaun D

Last edited:
I just tried my 2.87" pulley. Only got 1 good stab at pulling out if my neighborhood abd it spun then the truck went sideways i stayed in it left a nice squiggle on the road and called it good and pulled back in the other entrance to my neighborhood.. I didnt get a chance to see the boost gauge, I will look next time. Lol

Shaun D

I just tried my 2.87" pulley. Only got 1 good stab at pulling out if my neighborhood abd it spun then the truck went sideways i stayed in it left a nice squiggle on the road and called it good and pulled back in the other entrance to my neighborhood.. I didnt get a chance to see the boost gauge, I will look next time. Lol

Shaun D

Oh yeah!!! That's how I test my stuff too.....don't ever let out hold it flat to the mat and hang on!!! :3g:

I will still say the most important thing you can do is get control of your timing... tweecer is best and easiest but an ignition retard does a fair job. Your on the right path with the belt tension. When you get it as tight as a banjo string... tighten it more!

That stock Powerdyne bracket will start to fold over with a lot of tension, but a couple of pieces of reinforcement welded to it will make it stand up straight.

That stock Powerdyne bracket will start to fold over with a lot of tension, but a couple of pieces of reinforcement welded to it will make it stand up straight.

How about a 1/2" thick aluminum bracket. Are they prone to flexing? Thats what I have for my PD. It also has a little "L" bracket that ties it to the A/C comp.

I can grab my blower and push/pull real hard and kinda see the bracket flex. Pretty sure mine is 1/2" alluminum. I may have to weld a support on it if it becomes too much of a problem. However I did notice I do not have the little L shaped bracket on mine. Think I will make one here soon just in case.

The Snakebit Vortech bracket had a reinforcement bracket attaching to the A/C bracket using the OEM bolts. Jamie V may be able to post pics of this as he now has the bracket I bought.

Back