Who's gonna win?!?

Ok so I've got a looooong awaited grudge match coming up. My best friend for years has been saying he wanted to turn his 2000 silverado into something that can hang with my L and he's finally attempting it. He is on track to have it done in September time so I am curious on your thoughts on who is going to win? We've both done our fair share of drag racing so I'm not worried about the driver portion. Granted my Lightning isn't the fastest out there but I definitely think I have a good chance. My best time to date is 12.87 @ 107 iirc. Unfortnuately I'm overseas right now so I don't have the slip right in front of me. Here's the mods that will be on both trucks on race day. I'm at a confortable level with motor mods right now but if you can think of anything else (non-power) adders, anything would be appreciated. BTW, please remember this is all in fun and we are definitely looking forward to race-day!!

My Truck:
Best 1/4 mile time: 12.87 @ 107
2000 Lightning - 42,000 miles

NGK TR6 plugs
4# pulley
Airaid CAI
LFP fan
C&L True flow
Bassani Cat-back w/ high flow cats
Line Lock
50 shot nitrous
Nitto 305 dr's and 555rs up front on the stock 18" wheels
lowered
VMP tuned - 447rwhp / 553rwtq on the bottle
402rwhp / 505rwtq off the bottle

His Truck:
Best 1/4 mile time: unknown
2000 Silverado extended cab - New motor

6.0L Bulletproof motor
Mahle Pistons
H-beam rods
DM Performance main stud girdle
Double rollers
Ported and polished heads
Fast 90mm throttle body
Fast Intake
Walbro 255 fuel pump
3.73 Detroit Trutac rearend
Bulletproof trans

That's pretty much all the info I could get out of him...he's being a little secretive...:rolleyes: I'm just hopin a bottle doesn't show up or I might be in trouble...what do ya'll think?

-Cort

Those motors like the nitrous. The mods on his truck isn't really going to make it run that fast so I would imagine he would need another 100 hp to catch up with you.

Slip in a 6# pulley and swap the Rear Nittos for a fresh set of MT DR's and do the first run without the juice to see where you're at... Add juice as required.

Roach

either change to a set of mt/dr or go with the nitto 05r im havin real good luck on the launch runnin em at 25psi all in all you should take him if ya get him outta the hole.

Remove the front swaybar and pump the front tires all the way up just before the race. I hope you're able to outrun him.

Thanks for all the input guys. As far as traction goes, I'm actually pretty well set with the Nitto DR's. I really don't have a problem hooking up at all. I run a consistent 12.87 which I think is pretty darn good with my mods. I did 11 runs in one night all on the bottle and consistantly brought out the 12.87. I had driven straight from the tuners to the track so I didn't really get to prep the truck much so this time around will be a little different. Front tires will be pumped up, less fuel in the tank, and the race fuel tune with the race fuel of course. :tongue: Speaking of which....I remember my tuner told me to run either 75% race fuel mix or 25% race fuel mix. I can't remember. Does any one know which one is right? If not I'll have to ask him again...

Other than that I really don't plan on doing anything else to it besides possibly throwing in a punisher vb and tracition bars.

Another note too is those 11 runs were all right when I got to the track on a hot motor in 90 degree weather. It should be A LOT cooler in November time and we all know how our rigs love that! :eek:ldtu:

I honestly think that a N/A built 6.0L in an extended cab truck with 20's isn't gonna pull ahead. But of course wish me luck anyway!

This may be a dumb question but why take the sway bar off? :? Thanks!

-Cort

if he sprays anything more than a 50 shot

20sd7af.jpg

Haha I agree. He hasn't mentioned anything about nitrous but I will definitely be on the lookout for it. He does has easy access to it though because he runs it on all his drag cars. But being a new motor and he will just be getting out of the break-in process he probably won't. He's funny about those kinda things, plus it will be his daily driver. Either way I think it's gonna be a good race. Will keep you all posted on the results! :eek:ldtu:

-Cort

so who won?if the silverado has a converter and can hook half decent you're toast!a friend of mine has an 03 z71 with a 6.2 swap with bolt ons that runs 12.8x's!I do hope you kill the gm though!

so who won?if the silverado has a converter and can hook half decent you're toast!a friend of mine has an 03 z71 with a 6.2 swap with bolt ons that runs 12.8x's!I do hope you kill the gm though!

We haven't raced yet. He's in the final stages of getting the truck running and broken in. Should have a race no later than November time when I come home again on vacation. Should definitely be a close race! :D

Pretty sure that with all those other engine mods, he's got a cam in that thing and probably pretty close to 500 rwhp N/A with that combo - the LS series of motors make great power with simple work - I've got less displacement and running a smaller intake manifold / TB and still make over 400 rwhp with my LS1.

You've got your work cut out for you - pray he doesn't spray.

Bird

Raced yet? Either way good luck. LS1's love bolt ons, I have a friend with a stock 5.3, MP 70trim and supporting mods running 11.50s. So a built 6.0 should run.

Back