Who would like to see a heads up class at WFC

who wants to see a heads up class at WFC

• heads up class and one bracket class for street lightning

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • heads up class and one bracket class for any lightning who doesn't want to race heads up

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • no thanks I like watching two bracket class for lightnings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not sure of the internal workings of the sponsorship deal. My thoughts are probably so, but that is coming from a non-WFC official so take it with a grain of salt! Ideally I would "think" funding for the heads up program would come from another source. But with the dedicated companies out there I am willing to bet that it wouldn't be hard to secure funding for a little Quick 8 Shootout.

All we can do is try, right? I will start talking to some people and see what happens. Also, thanks to everyone who came out and raced/spectated at this year's WFC event.

well I would have to say having a class in the middle would be better as long as ET were the only restrictions. I few years back when FFW had two Lightning class they were broken down by ET and/or modifications. I only had a few bolt-ons BUT I had a N20 kit that was working really well to put me in the 12.5 range. Well at FFW in Bradenton Fl I actually made it to 2nd round eliminations and who do you guess I had to run against?????????Jason Brown when his truck was going high to mid 9's. It was set up bracket style and of course they gave me my 4 second head start but then when he caught me I'll have to say that was scary!! I would hate to think what would happen if a faster truck in a situation like that lost control, crossed the center lane etc....
So yeah for the safety of the racers the trucks that are evenly matched say ET wise should be kept together.
EE

Back