Who will Ratt at WFC if??

L

Litng1

Someone runs say an 11 and does not have a cage in there truck or a Loop etc.. Would you Ratt on the guy in the finals Just to win a few dollars?

------------------
Marcus Harrison
95Lightning
TeamPowerdyne
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495

View

they shouldn't get thru tech without the proper safety gear..
i wouldn't call it "ratting them out", call it potentally saving a life.

what if they "pole vault" into your lane & destroy both of your vehicles. that would suck.

safety first!
brooks

Marcus,

There would be no reason to "rat" on anyone. Most tracks use a colored sticker affixed to the windshield that indicates what saftey level you have been teched in at. If you are not cleared for the 11s, they will not give you your time slip, but instead, give it to an official who will tech your vehicle for the time you just ran. If you don't pass tech, you simply have to "pack it up" ... no more racing at that event until you meet tech.

Besides, if you just clipped off an 11 second pass, it would be obvious to everyone, that you do not have a cage in your regular cab truck.

This happened to a guy a few years ago at FFW in Ennis. He was running 12.1s and 12.0s, but the first time he went 11.9, he was given the boot.

John

That's what is both good and bad about our track. The tech inspection basically consists of making sure it has tires with air in them. That's good if you know your vehicle is safe and you are on the verge of breaking into a different tech level. That's bad if you just stuck a huge engine in a tiny car to see what would happen. Last summer I personally watched a guy in a 68 Corvette convertible make 3 passes in the mid 10's with the top down, no roll bar and no helmet. That is the kind of car that's dangerous. I can understand letting a few of the rules slide for a stock or very nearly stock vehicle, but that was horrible.

I understand the being safe deal.I just didnt know who would be such a bad loser and resort to something like he doesnt have a loop.Not because he was unsafe but because he wanted the money.
I know several that ran without a loop a loop last year.

Hmmm, someone is a bad loser if they follow the rules and you don't? I don't agree with that theory. I don't think I would lodge a protest (to answer the original question), but facts is you didn't win if you broke the rules.

What I see you saying is that it's OK for you to break the rules if it gets you a few dollars, but its not OK for someone to apply the rules if it does the same thing for them. Looks like a double standard to me!!

Just my opinion of course...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
Lightning #74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2-lotsa mods
Lightning #582 in '00 - 13.36@101.75- Swanson chip
1973 Datsun 240Z - project car
trux2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jeff S (edited 04-30-2001).]

Marcus, For what its worth, I had to slow my truck down last year to run at some of the tracks up here (WFC @ Gateway included) The rules are; quicker than 12.0 needs a rollbar. I wouldn't call it RATTING!!!! Its called follow the rules or be disqualified. I know it sounds like such a petty thing, but if one rule here and one rule there is let slide, it turns into a free for all. I'm currently in the process of putting a bar in my 94 (along with other STUFF). Its not going to be ready for WFC but I hope to have her up and running soon. Talk to ya later.
This was just my view point! GOOD LUCK

------------------
Tim "Tooltime"
'93 11.8 114mph in 2000
'94 unknown (for now)

First I didnt start this thread to apply to me or my truck hehe.Ill go out in first round.
I see your guys point but I dont see by not having a loop or cage is giving you an advantage or makes you cheating.Now if you are using delay box or something that would be cheating to me.Later

If you have a L Truck running low 12's or better it is a very good idea to put in a Roll Bar Or Cage to be safe.. I am in the process of building a RED 93' Turbo Truck to compete in Pro Lightning at WFC5..I have already installed a 10 point cage just to be safe...When it comes to running 11's & Down a simple Tire Blow out can be disasteress...These rules were made for one reason & one reason only, To Save Your Life!!! That is the # 1 concerne....
Ralph Voorhees Jr.
95' White 12.8
93' Red Comming Soon

Back