who likes the old drag days......

WAY COOL!!! :bigtu: I particularly like 1:55 of the first video, that guy is HAMMER'IN those gears! It looks like his shift lever throw is in the neighborhood of three feet. :rofl:

Thanks for posting this. :eek:ldtu:

Skritch, (Scott), from WashLo has a thread with a bunch of nostalgia (sp?) drag photos. He may like to see these.

Jake...

Last edited:
Skritch, (Scott), from WashLo has a thread with a bunch of nostalgia (sp?) drag photos. He may like to see these.

Kerry,

I'm an idiot! I had forgotten that you where involved in his thread. :pat:

I posted a link to this in his photo thread anyway. :?

Jake...

Last edited:
WAY COOL!!! :bigtu: I particularly like 1:55 of the first video, that guy is HAMMER'IN those gears! It looks like his shift lever throw is in the neighborhood of three feet. :rofl:

Jake...

Hey Jake, I've been watchin' that video. That shiftin' thing at about 1:55 into the video is how it was done back then ! The only S/S cars running autos were the Chrysler boyz. The others just didn't have a slush box that could take it !

Hurst was THE shifter back then. The first two things us teenagers had to have were dual exhaust then a Competition Plus Hurst 4-speed shifter. Ford's linkage was junk ! There were imitators but Hurst was the one to have. Still didn't keep me from havin' to replace more than a couple of synchros and gears in the T-10, not to mention some clutches too !

Great videos Kerry, GREAT VIDEOS !!!

As for the audio Kerry, it sounds right for the cars, both the S/S and FX cars. The funny cars have the proper audio tied to them as well. Man, that was a good time to be a drag racing fan ! Row them gears !!!

Scott

at 2.29 Dave Strickler's mopar..... sat with in 5 miles from my house.. in a barn... i was there when a person bought it... about 10 years ago..... the buyer bought it, restored it, and now is here..............

Walter P. Chrysler Museum

a pic of it now....

main.php

main.php

main.php

Im not bull ****ing....... I was about 17 or so when i seen this car...i will be 35 next month....so it was about.. 1991 or so... the guy that sold it then still has 2 AFX mopars in his barn.... I was there 2 weeks ago..... i have sat in this car... in the drivers seat and just tought... damn this is so cool......

There is a car mag that did a write up on this car, a few years ago....not sure what one, but says it was found in central, IL at a farm.......there are plenty more from this farm in central IL...... Ive been there.... its 5 miles from my home...........

back up....I thought this would be a great old time back in the day reminder for you folks....Ok so i guess only a few peeps went to the drags in the late 60's...... this is the best footage that ive came across that has sound from the times, and you can hear the pa guy from the race...... So why dont you post about this????? Do you have a better vid of the old drag racing days???? If so post it up......

COOL :cool::cool::cool:
Did you see some of them pull the fronts off the ground as they hit the gears. You don't see much of that at the tracks these days.

Back