Who judged last year?

Hi Steve,

There were two people (a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 guy) "pressed into service" as the original judge did not attend. Last years judges did the judging in between drag races...so it was slow...and late.:(

This year there will be a dedicated judge or two, and the show judging will be held on Sunday during the Open Track and Autocross.:tu:

I was not very happy and pretty upset. I spent allot of time and money on my truck to have it judged for only 45 seconds. It would have taken at least 2 min. to read my mod sheet.

I just don't want a repeat session of last year.

It was totally unfair.........for 75 dollars.

yes i was dissapointed also but it was the first show ever and it can only get better and more organized

I was one of the guys. Dwight had asked me to judge and I agreed, but after a walk-around, I knew I was out of my league. So, I asked for help.

In terms of judging something stock or near stock, I can handle that, but since I'm really not into "bling," that part of it was just well beyond me.

It boils down to I'm a wrencher and a racer and "clean and straight" is the extent of my interest in showing. So, my apologies for letting you guys down. I was simply out of my element.

The problem was that the person who was in charge of the Show Class, couldn't come at the last minute. The guys who stepped in are to be thanked for the last minute help.

This year we are looking for assistance with many of the event functions...Show Judge and helpers are some that are needed.:eek:

So all of those that want to help with the truck show, please contact Brooks ("clonetek") and volunteer....now!:D

...Dwight...

BigD,

Can you understand were I'm coming from.....I paid 75 bucks last year to have my truck looked at for a minute!

How about getting in the show for free this year?

Because right now, I don't even know if I want to waste more of my time down in Topeka. I'm not asking for my money back, just a waver this year......

Nan and I lost $5K didn't get to run once but are going back this year...it is part of the learning curve. This year will be better, but I can't promise perfect....we just try to do our best.

BigD said:
Nan and I lost $5K didn't get to run once but are going back this year...it is part of the learning curve. This year will be better, but I can't promise perfect....we just try to do our best.

I commend both Nan and Dwight (and everyone else also) for the work they did last year. Although I was unable to attend due to illness I can imagine the work that went into this event. In my opinion $75 is a small price to pay for admission to this type of specialized event. I hope to attend this year but even if I don't I will most likely register and pay anyways.. just my $.02 thrown in where it doesn't probably belong...............JR:tu:

Back