Who Has One Reserved? (Negative comments will be removed!)

I've got a reservation on one too. Im not 100% sure if Ill go through with it, but it is very interesting.

I don’t know why they didn’t revive the E series that has been gone since the Econoline was discontinued.

E-150 electric
F-150 internal combustion engine
T

That is an awesome idea! Then the Lightning could've bee an electric sport truck variant. I think most people have forgotten about the E-series. But we do still make an E-Series chassis cab. https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/commercial-trucks/e-series-cutaway/2021/

I’m on the list as well, but got a look at one in the real world yesterday.
917f966c7e3ccfa36f502f6fabda854d.jpg

36fc29a0a7903b79a722b58e05163d6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think using the lightning name is a gut punch to the past and a misuse of the name for a non performance truck... With that said I would consider an electric truck it I could get the same range as my current 5.0. I don't think I could ever soleley rely on and electric truck but for driving the 100 miles or so a day I do I could see it being a money saver.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I agree with some points, but obviously you haven’t raced a new (slowest car you can think of) in your 1993 performance Lightning lately. The results are embarrassing, but it’s also not 1993. Other than a supercharged Roush or Shelby I think it will be good performance. With that said if it won’t substantially outrun my 2020 5.0 f150 I’m not interested either.

I agree with some points, but obviously you haven’t raced a new (slowest car you can think of) in your 1993 performance Lightning lately. The results are embarrassing, but it’s also not 1993. Other than a supercharged Roush or Shelby I think it will be good performance. With that said if it won’t substantially outrun my 2020 5.0 f150 I’m not interested either.

I kind of internalize this on a daily basis as I toodle around in the mostly-stock '94. Knowing pretty much any Accord or Camry can handily pull away from me makes me feel the need for some upgrades. But, comparing a '94 Lightning to a vast majority of cars in 1964, especially in handling and braking, would have a similar outcome for the older vehicle. Time marches on!

It's a shame that the hybrid F-150 has been overshadowed by all the Lightning hype. Until the full electric truck's range is extended including towing range the hybrid truck is an excellent candidate and ticks all the boxes a lot of us have other than not being 100% electric. I've been very tempted to look at one as used car prices are silly and Ford wants to offer me damn close to what I paid for my 2019.

Even driving a 2004 with a lot of upgrades, I know a lot of vehicles out there can still leave me in the dust. It's okay, I never bought it to race it. I just love the appearance of the Gen.II trucks. And mine has a cog drive on the MP blower, so it talks to me as soon as it's running. 12.5 rims in the back, 6.5 up front. It just a rolling statement.

I will never buy an electric vehicle. Any vehicle I own best go Vroom when I step on the pedal. And not a simulated vroom such as that crap that tesla does. LMAO!!

I agree although I would like to see just about anything try it on my truck lol. May get the gap sauce. And my motor in my truck has never been removed for any reason since 1994 haha.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Wait s year until one ends up at Copart, and put a coyote with twins in it.... problem solved...

I just read on another forum, that in testing, with a heavy tow, it only got about 85 miles. LOL!!

Facts.

I’ve been crunching the numbers recently as my order is supposed to be here end of the summer, beginning of fall….

The conclusion?

1. It doesn’t make any sense to buy this truck if you want a truck to do truck things…

2. It doesn’t make any sense to buy this truck if you’re thinking it’ll save the environment. It won’t. In fact, it’s worse on so many levels.

3. Battery replacement costs are ASTRONOMICAL. You’re not going to get anywhere near the same type of longevity as you would from an ICE engine.

4. You’ll NEVER recoup the money from buying a $75,000 EV truck at the fuel pump. NEVER.

5. As a Lightning enthusiast who owned a Lightning for some 16 years, I can truly say it’s an all around disappointment to the Name.

Instead, I’ve decided to keep my paid off 2017 Focus 1L 3cyl Ecoboost for commuting and I bought a 2022 F150 5.0 4x4 for 48k.

The focus gets over 40mpg and the truck has a 36gal fuel tank and all the capabilities of a 4x4 off-road vehicle.

9f2f309e1079a155b28642a3d21bcb6a.jpg

7a3c91df8eaf02067a7be62b676734e4.jpg

I canceled my reservation when I didn't even get to order in the first year. I'm glad it happened, I'm not ready to give up ICE yet honestly. The Lightning is a nice EV Utility vehicle and I think will sell fairly well, with the price being the biggest drawback.

A coworker just got his 22 F-150 3.5L Powerboost. With 450hp its pretty damn fast for its size and 35 gallons is going over 700 miles for him plus you can use it as a generator. He's very happy with it and I think the sticker was only 53k I believe and honestly, its pretty nice.

I'm not disagreeing with you. You quoted my post where I said utility vehicle, not truck, different animals in my mind. I still think it would be good for someone used to driving an SUV like an Escape or Explorer who probably rarely tows and mainly uses it for commuting and Home Depot runs, or family trips to the lake within a couple of hours from home.

I'm not disagreeing with you. You quoted my post where I said utility vehicle, not truck, different animals in my mind. I still think it would be good for someone used to driving an SUV like an Escape or Explorer who probably rarely tows and mainly uses it for commuting and Home Depot runs, or family trips to the lake within a couple of hours from home.

Could you imagine spending $75,000 for a vehicle that limited… I just can’t do it.

2023 pricing came out today….Base prices went up 7500 across the board. So now a standard range xlt is 59,000 before options.

Back