Who got 1994 Official Indy Truck White Lightning?

briman75 said:
I remember seeing one at the track in englishtown, nj and i have a poster of it . They seem like it would be a really neat truck. Nothing besides decals was done to them right?

From what i have heard they have the govoner taken out, aside from that i dont know

I'm kinda late to this conversation haha but I just stumbled across it while searching for Info about these "indy" trucks I might just know where a couple are located! From my understanding all of the trucks were Sequential vin numbers. After the race they went to a dealer auction in indy and were sold to dealerships, then were sold at thoes dealerships as used vehicles. Approximately 10 trucks received the indy decals only 8 were factory white 2 were not, due to ford production being behind, only 6 made it to the track, and the 2 that were not factory white were repainted to the factory colors and sold

I'm kinda late to this conversation haha but I just stumbled across it while searching for Info about these "indy" trucks I might just know where a couple are located! From my understanding all of the trucks were Sequential vin numbers. After the race they went to a dealer auction in indy and were sold to dealerships, then were sold at thoes dealerships as used vehicles. Approximately 10 trucks received the indy decals only 8 were factory white 2 were not, due to ford production being behind, only 6 made it to the track, and the 2 that were not factory white were repainted to the factory colors and sold

Love history like this!

No it wasnt a legitimate one, it was a dealer made clone. I did reproduce all the associated decals on the best 3M decals though in correct proportion measured from a genuine official truck. Thinking I have them in a box somewhere. Not many know that there was also a blue oval roof decal, with a windshield decal, rear quarter decal badges and side door decals as well as a tailgate decal.

Yes if you can that would be great because my old brain cannot remember the company name either. I think I gave my indy decals to Cory Jeff. That company was given all the correct size decals to repop.
Steve

Back