which sway bar for 1200lb coils

hey stan i have your 1200 coils, western chassis lower control arms/djm upper control arms and hotchkis shocks for my front suspension. the rear has hotchkis leafs (243lb spring rate) and shocks. which sway bars would work the best for my suspension? i auto-x and open track my truck. i have been looking at hellwig and hotchkis. i may be installing shackles to lower the rear alittle more if the rake is to much when i install the control arms. which will lower the rear to much for the rear hotchkis bar.

which combo would you pick for my above suspension?

1.if poss. the hotchkis sway bars(pending on the rake)
2.hellwig front and rear (would the front bar be to stiff with the 1200 coils?)
3.hotchkis front/hellwig rear
4.hellwig rear/stock front

thanks stan and i hope to get you the dates for the tail of the dragon event this year. it has been on the back burner for awhile now.

Hey B, when is the TotD trip this year?? Same time frame as last time?? Fontana this time right?

P.S. Brian and Stan, www.zdayz.com both of you are invited. Fontana village is sold out, but if you plan on coming LMK I might be able to scrounge up a bed for either of both of you.

I can not say which bar is the best.Since tires alignment and all play into it.BUT for A-xings the stiffer the better.as long as all four tires stay on the ground in the turns.The best is to have someone photo the truck from different angles to show what the tires and suspension are doing then adjust from there.Stan

what about my front spring rates? would a spring rate lower be better for my truck on a road course? what are you thoughts on a softer front spring and the stiffer front sway bar? really want my truck set up best for the road course now. thanks for the help stan.

bryan i have not had the chance to work on the trip so far. life has been crazy. thanks for the invite bro i will have to get back with you.

If the road course is smooth with minimal bumps them stiff springs if there are alot of bumps then softer springs and stiffer bar.Also since it is a road course you have to decide how you want the truck to handle.Meaning thatThere will be some turns that you need to just make it thur so you can really hammer the ones that will give you the best lap times.Stan

Back