Which e-fan should I run

mr_chips82

Thunderin Lightning
Just looking for a minor mod to do this upcoming winter and thought a electric fan would be a great mod for now but I dont know which one to get. I live in Michigan where it can get hot for a couple months but for the most part it is in the hight 80's & 90's in the summer. I was going to get the flex a lite 210's but the local dealer here said that the 180 set up would be the way to go on my truck because it has 800 more cfm's than the 210's. My truck is pretty much stock, ie not supercharged, and only driven on the weekends in nice weather. Any input would be appreciated!!!

I installed a e-fan that i bought at a junk yard ($24.00). It was removed from a 95 windstar 3.8 motor. I used a painless kit with a 200on/180off switch($60.00) which i installed junk yard($5.00) thermostat neck from a 89 mark seven 5.0. It works great. Stays nice and cold even when i'm getting on it.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/showthread.php?t=121786&highlight=fan

This is very good info on the fans and should be a sticky. Most seem to go with the 295's or the Mark 8 setup. Depending on how much you are looking to spend, I am very happy with the 295's. The cover the whole radiator, and even in the GA heat, they don't run long. They move that much air. They come on, and then go back off. If you go with them, do not buy the Flexalite controller. It is junk, and will go out on you. Go with the DCC Control, or Struckby's wiring.

get yourself a Taurus fan off ebay ( i paid $20.00 shipped ) and wire it up with two 30 AMP relays. Best $30.00 i ever spent on my 1995 Cobra and i intend to do the same to my Lightning

Back