Which e-fan for turbo swap?

butang

I know I need to lose my JDM electric fan for a slim push fan for in front of the radiator. My question is which fan is everyone using?? Dual 12" or dual 14"?? I was hoping to be able to order it from Summit. Does anyone have a part # by chance?

butang said:
I know I need to lose my JDM electric fan for a slim push fan for in front of the radiator. My question is which fan is everyone using?? Dual 12" or dual 14"?? I was hoping to be able to order it from Summit. Does anyone have a part # by chance?

The turbo kit should include them. The PTK kit comes with dual 14" fans which fit perfect.

Jody

I orderd 2 - 14" SPAL pusher style fans that should be here in a few days.

I will let you know how well they fit when I start mounting them up. :eek:ldtu:

Re: Re: Which e-fan for turbo swap?

camcojb said:
The turbo kit should include them. The PTK kit comes with dual 14" fans which fit perfect.

Jody

I'm doing my own turbo set up. I can't see paying almost 6 grand for a 3 month wait when the materials only cost me less than $2500.00 including turbo, wastegate, bov, flanges,etc. I'd like to get the fan they use, but don't know which one it is. PTK wanted $1200.00 for their headers...uncoated, so I'd hate to try buying a fan from them.:rolleyes: I'm guessing they use a Black Megic or something like that.

I can tell you later today when Phil shows up which ones they used, but that sounds right. Definitely 14" fans and took a few minutes to figure out a clean install, but once figured it was easy.

By the way, $1200 for a pair of turbo headers is the cheapest I've ever seen. Most the small block Chevy units I've owned and seen are $1800+.

Jody

The headers for a street setup have never been that expensive.
For a set of street headers you are looking at 899.99 for the pair uncoated.

Now if you were refering for a set of pro race headers then they
are 1199.99

But not for the truck headers.

By the way you can get a complete set of all the materials from them in one package to do all the building yourself.

camcojb said:
I can tell you later today when Phil shows up which ones they used, but that sounds right. Definitely 14" fans and took a few minutes to figure out a clean install, but once figured it was easy.

By the way, $1200 for a pair of turbo headers is the cheapest I've ever seen. Most the small block Chevy units I've owned and seen are $1800+.

Jody

Thanks for the help. LMK if you can figure out which fan it is.

butang said:
Do they use two of em, or does it come as two fans?

Two separate fans, each that part number. But any 14" reversible fan would be fine. Remember to reverse the fan blade and reverse the wiring, it blows more air that way when mounted up front. And if you get a different fan make sure it can be reversed or run up front as a pusher; some cannot or are very inefficient as pushers.

Jody

camcojb said:
Two separate fans, each that part number. But any 14" reversible fan would be fine. Remember to reverse the fan blade and reverse the wiring, it blows more air that way when mounted up front. And if you get a different fan make sure it can be reversed or run up front as a pusher; some cannot or are very inefficient as pushers.

Jody

Thanks Jody. I'll just get those if they are the ones that work for sure. I appreciate your help.

Here is my two 14" Spal fans mounted

26298-1405-30260.jpg

Back