Where to start??safe street mod suggestions??

HOOAH LIGHTNING

10TH MOUNTAIN DIV
HEY EVERYONE IM A NEW MEMBER TO THIS FORUM AND JUST PURCHASED A 2002 LIGHTNING. IM RETURNING HOME FROM AFGHANISTAN IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS SO I WANTED TO GET AN IDEA OF MODS THAT I CAN DO TO MAKE SOME MORE POWER AND MAKE IT RUN BETTER WHILE NOT ADVERSELY AFFECTING THE LIFE OF MY MOTOR.. I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH V8'S.. SO FAR THE MODS THAT I'VE SEEN THAT LOOK SEMI SAFE ARE BBK INTAKE, JLB HEADERS, FLOWMASTER CATBACK, CS PROGRAMMER, I WAS THINKING ABOUT MORE BOOST SO MAYBE A PULLEY KIT?
LIKE I SAID IM NEW TO THE LIGHTNING FAMILY AND PROUD TO SOON KICK SOME IMPORT *** LOL SO SOME ADVICE ON WHICH WAY TO GO WOULD BE GREAT SO I CAN START WORK AS SOON AS I GET BACK..
-THANKS ALL :thumbup:

Last edited:
Be careful with the transmission pressure I had a vallve body and a moderate tune running way too much boost and the transmission didnt like it at all so it responded with a catastrophic failure with the 1st gear drum it wanted out of the casebad ive never had an automatic make that sound when it let go it usually justwont move it was jerking arond like the spider gears let go luckily I found one of the last monster boxes that Greg Evans actually built himself at Factory Tech, I kept the signed pan after replacing it with a huge aluminum pan years ago

Back